Looking for martial arts classes for a complete beginner.

We have a beginners class in the town centre.

KNOX Boxing gym

77 sidney street

Sheffield S1 4RG

We make sure that beginners are well looked after for their first few classes as we dont like beginners getting bad habits or getting incorrect technique ingrained into you as if that happens it is harder to correct bad habits i find.

You will be more than welcome at one of our beginners classes.

Monday and Thursday 830-930pm.

Hope to see you there.

Our gym is round the corner from Decathlon sports shop.

Well, chefkicker, im in, will give it a go anyway. Im at uni straght from work but should be done in time. How much and what do i bring with me, gym kit? etc

There's also a Tae Kwon Do group at the Methodist church in Crookes...it is being run by sheffieldtkd

hi mate

no sheffield tkd academy is run by kieron briggs

i dont know who runs the club in crooks

VISIT US ON FACEBOOK:

Sheffield Taekwondo Academy

Members are fully licensed through the British Taekwondo Control Board (B.T.C.B), the National Governing Body for Taekwondo in Great Britain.

Only through the BTCB can Taekwondo Athletes take part in the Olympic Games, World and European Championships.

Well, chefkicker, im in, will give it a go anyway. Im at uni straght from work but should be done in time. How much and what do i bring with me, gym kit? etc

Hi Fionajane

Its £5 per lesson, bring a water bottle (youll need it LOL) , if you forget we sell bottled water and capri sun in the fridge (50p per drink). Wear a Vest or T shirt and shorts or trackies.

Usual gym stuff basically. You wont need gloves or pads as our gym have gloves and pads on site.

Even if you are a bit late it wont matter too much as if you think you have not sweated enough we have a "free practise" period after the lesson where you can use the punchbags freely for about half an hour while i tidy up and i lock up at about 10pm.

See you monday!

Hi You need not worry much about your physical strength levels and don't get back to a thought that you may not reach to the level that your physical and mental strengths could support....I'm a beginner and you know I have been taking classes since 6 months and now I just can't believe the change in me,the way I'm being brought up here...All that you need to do is just join in it and do what ever you do whole heatedly that's it,you may find many martial arts classes around you,just get into the best one and start building a strong character....gud day

The British Taekwondo Control Board (BTCB) was established in 1982 and is the Governing Body for World Taekwondo Federation (WTF) Taekwondo in the United Kingdom. The BTCB is a member of the WTF, British Olympic Association (BOA), the European Taekwondo (ETU) and recognised by UK Sport, the government agency for High Performance Sport.

The BTCB is responsible for all aspects of WTF/Olympic style taekwondo in the UK. This includes selecting National Teams to compete at the European and World Championships, and the Olympic Games.

This is a thread for Martial arts for beginners.

Putting political issues like above all you are going to do is to confuse people or put them off.

Totally your call but this kind of thing turns people off Taekwondo.

The British Taekwondo Control Board (BTCB) was established in 1982 and is the Governing Body for World Taekwondo Federation (WTF) Taekwondo in the United Kingdom. The BTCB is a member of the WTF, British Olympic Association (BOA), the European Taekwondo (ETU) and recognised by UK Sport, the government agency for High Performance Sport.

The BTCB is responsible for all aspects of WTF/Olympic style taekwondo in the UK. This includes selecting National Teams to compete at the European and World Championships, and the Olympic Games.

Not political just a fact? If people want to participate in Olympic Taekwondo, this information is needed.

Archived