17/3 – pete gooding @ cake (the launch), sheffield

BENC

The Cake is Baked

In this particular recipe, we’ve added some funky tech house, a large helping of deep house and a generous splash of…. Ibiza’s soul. We’ve got over 10years of the White Islands’ experience and tunes headlining the evening, travelling by the name of PETE GOODING.

Other artists

Balaclava djs (cake)

Sam Monaghan (sankeys)

Expect massively groovy tech house, rolling basslines and overly funky rifts but also never forgetting the deep & intimate side of house_

Pete Gooding is one of the few British dance producers whose music is as likely to appear in a set by Laurent Garnier, Tom Middleton, and DUBFIRE, as it is by David GUETTA, Pete Tong, or Groove Armada. Similarly, as a DJ, you’ll find him at the Big Chill or Roskilde, as well as regular gigs at Matter, Ministry Of Sound, or at We Love at Space Ibiza_

On a club level, this year he’s played alongside MOBY, Trentemoller, Soulwax, DEADMAU5, Ewan Pearson, Miss Kitten, and more, rocking floors with his mix of deep house, techno, and alt dance. One minute headlining well-known floors such as Cream and Gatecrasher, the next playing under the radar parties in Shoreditch, Croatia, or Sweden, at the request of promoters whose crowds expect that little bit more from their weekend entertainment_

His hugely successful radio show, ‘The Global Network’, neatly combines his entire musical loves. Featuring all elements of his musical palette, plus guest mixes from the likes of DJ Hell, Marc Romboy, Gabriel Ananda, and Steve Lawler, the show is now broadcast on over 40 stations worldwide_

Early March will see Balaclava djs ripping up an hour set on this frequency, make sure you tune in…..details will be added.

2002 saw him scoop Best Ibiza DJ at the prestigious Pacha Awards. Pete Tong’s Essential Selection confirmed Gooding’s role as Ibizan institution (alongside vodka-limons) by adopting Mambo as its spiritual home, and made Gooding a fixture on Radio One’s various summer broadcasts, where he also played on shows for the likes of Danny Rampling and Seb Fontaine_

You’d be hard pushed to find a club in Ibiza that Pete hasn’t played at as a resident: he’s done Privilege (where in 2000, Pete played Renaissance Live alongside Moloko, Kylie, Leftfield and Moby) and Amnesia for Renaissance, he was Cream’s resident in Ibiza and Mallorca, and at Dave Seaman’s 4:4 night, and Steve Lawler’s Harlem Nights at Space. “I’d say I’ve been abroad virtually every weekend for the last nine years, and have played in over 55 countries” says Pete. “It’s the music that has taken me across the world, and now I’m producing and engineering my own material it’s given me even greater freedom”_

FREE___SHOTS___CAKES___SWEETS_&_MUFFINS___ALL NIGHT

Cellar 35, Carver Street, Sheffield

Beneath Ruby Lounge & next to Crystal

Archived