Couple sentenced for 25 years in jail for ..

So what? I bet practically all the unfortunate inhabitants of North Korea "know better than to" to all manner of things they should have an absolute right to do.

Just as people everywhere should have an absolute right to touch the koran (and anything other inanimate objects they own) with anything they want, in any manner they want regardless of how dirty they are.

Besides aside from attempting to justify monstrous immorality you are factually wrong as you don't have to swear upon the bible here, you can simply affirm an oath.

I doubt that the Qur'an they touched would have been their own.

And yes, some of us are aware of the option of swearing on the Torah, and the Qur'an as well as the Bible, (I'm not sure, but I think a Sikh or Hindu can swear ther oath on their scriptures) but not so many are aware that they can "Affirm" rather than swear on any holy-book. (Which is what I prefer to do, not seeing holy books as talismans, upon which to swear. (As Isa, PBUH is reported to have said, "Do not swear on anything in heaven and on Earth. Let your yes be yes and your no be no!")

I doubt that the Qur'an they touched would have been their own.

Why? Would that have made the slightest bit of difference to the theocratic fascists whose behaviour you are trying to justify?

And yes, some of us are aware of the option of swearing on the Torah, and the Qur'an as well as the Bible, (I'm not sure, but I think a Sikh or Hindu can swear ther oath on their scriptures) but not so many are aware that they can "Affirm" rather than swear on any holy-book. (Which is what I prefer to do, not seeing holy books as talismans, upon which to swear. (As Isa, PBUH is reported to have said, "Do not swear on anything in heaven and on Earth. Let your yes be yes and your no be no!")

Nobody who had a part in setting up an ideology as malignant as the one you have subjected yourself to deserves peace.

Just take a look at yourself - you are actually now in this thread attempting to excuse and justify people having their lives stolen from them merely for touching a book. Tht they may well have known that their alleged actions were forbidden by Islam is irrelevant to the fact that any ideology (religious or otherwise) which says touching a book with dirty hands is a crime is monstrously immoral. Immorality neatly demonstrated by it's corrupting effect upon those in power in Pakistan an you.

is there a man that checks how clean your hands are, or was it just someone who complained the couple had dirty hands ?

after reading the link i finde it was someone w2ho complained ,fundamentalists bribed the cops to arrest the pair because they were christian,other christians have been arrested on similar charges , ...says it all really

it also says it is the word that is sacred not the book in the comments below the story,so it looks like it was a set up ..

Can you say "Sledgehammers-and-walnuts?" that sentence is well.. erm... excessive!

Your response rather implies that you feel that some sort of punishment for 'touching a book' would be acceptable, but that this punishment is too much.

To carry on with your analogy - where is the walnut?

is there a man that checks how clean your hands are, or was it just someone who complained the couple had dirty hands ?

I suspect their hands were 'unclean' in the religious sense (the couple are Christian) rather than in the 'just been fixing the car' sense.

after reading the link i finde it was someone w2ho complained ,fundamentalists bribed the cops to arrest the pair because they were christian,other christians have been arrested on similar charges , ...says it all really

it also says it is the word that is sacred not the book in the comments below the story,so it looks like it was a set up ..

It all stinks to me. Was someone following them around, watching the journey of their hands, sniffing them and using a magnifying glass?

... if not all they had to do was deny it and say their hands had just been licked by angels prior to touching the Quran.

Archived