Jack Straw reveals Venables alleged sexual offence

And this is what happens when you have a combination of gutter press and a vigilante mob.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1256533/Jon-Venables-Terror-young-father-accused-Bulger-killer-Facebook.html

All David Calvert has to do is just walk down his street and be televised live on national TV. After all, Venables is locked away.

That's because everyone is different, you could give 100 people an identical upbringing and no two would turn out the same. But the fact remains that if Venables had had a normal and loving upbringing it's very unlikely he would have committed this crime.

Are you suggesting that Venables had sadistic or psychotic tendencies from birth and that if so do you think he should have been sentenced to death when he was a baby?

I'm aware that everyone is different, i'm also aware that suffering a difficult upbringing isn't responsible for creating a psychotic nature. Your closing comments are ridiculous by the way.

I'm aware that everyone is different, i'm also aware that suffering a difficult upbringing isn't responsible for creating a psychotic nature. Your closing comments are ridiculous by the way.

Rather than berate everyone else why don't you practice what you preach and supply your theory on what does.

You self describe well.
:rolleyes:.... moving on!

Do you read papers? Do you form an opinion while or after reading those papers?

If I find something interresting in a newspaper I'm sure that I would form an opinion on it. So yes.. I would.

All David Calvert has to do is just walk down his street and be televised live on national TV. After all, Venables is locked away.

Sadly I dont believe that will placate the people who need a live subject to vent their spleens at.

No, no-one made the argument that EVERYONE is influenced by headlines, so denying that everyone is influenced is denying a claim that no-one made.
Then whats your point.. who is it that they influence??

The argument that they do is obvious - in order to form an opinoin you need facts, and if those facts are distorted in the paper, then your opinion is likely to be distorted to - hence the newspaper has had an influence on what you think about a subject.

There may be half a dozen different accounts of a paticular incident, which one would influence us??. The Sun??.

Not really sure how you can argue against it - if it were not true there would be no reason for the big announcement every few years as to which party that newspaper will be supporting.

Do they ever manage to influence your vote??

Archived