Jack Straw reveals Venables alleged sexual offence

uh no that is not how it works

He is alleged to have broken a law, and is awaiting trial to see if he has or not. Until then, he has not broken the law.

If theres sufficient evidence to arrest him he must have broken the law, or the terms of his conditions. Either way it's a criminal offence.

If theres sufficient evidence to arrest him he must have broken the law, or the terms of his conditions. Either way it's a criminal offence.

You can be arrested on suspicion of committing a criminal offence and then charged with that offence. It is only proved if a guilty verdict is returned up to that point all are presumed innocent until proven guilty. Even those on remand are in the eyes of the law innocent until and if they are found guilty at trial.

uh no that is not how it works

He is alleged to have broken a law, and is awaiting trial to see if he has or not. Until then, he has not broken the law.

What? Don't be dense, being arrested for an offence does not mean that you have committed an offence, that is not the way our system works at all.
Not being dence.. and don't misquote me attempting to flannel over your statement...:loopy:

I haven't misquoted you, i used the quote button :loopy:
You corrected me on something I never said.

What? Don't be dense, being arrested for an offence does not mean that you have comimited an offence , that is not the way our system works at all.

I don't often post, but after reading this thread I think I will.

James Bulger is dead. Nothing will ever bring him back. The crime was horrific back when it happened and still is today. It was even more horrific because it was children abducting and murdering a toddler. Nobody wants to believe children can and did do this, but they did. James's family live with it every day and it must be like hell for them. How do you get over something like that ? I do not advocate killing the murderers but I do think that they should not have been released. Now James's family are re-living everything again, that's why i think releasing them was wrong. We should care about the victim and the feelings of those that suffered.

Yes, I know that they were children when they did this and yes, I am not an expert and cannot evaluate if they are sorry for what they did. Yes ,one of them may be living a successful life now . Maybe one was more guilty than the other ? I dont know. I just think it was too soon to release them for the sake of justice for the victim. I think we judge what they did to James differently because they were children . We try to look for every possible reason why they did not mean to do it, as accepting a child of 10 can be bad inside is hard to do.

Now please feel free to rip my grammar apart :)

Archived