Jack Straw reveals Venables alleged sexual offence

Did the same to me a few pages back...didn't even bother with a reply as it wasn't worth the effort.

I don't appreciate being falsely accused Alien, especially on a publc forum, iv'e already made that clear to you. Either retract this accusation or produce the posts that you are referring to.

I don't often post, but after reading this thread I think I will.

James Bulger is dead. Nothing will ever bring him back. The crime was horrific back when it happened and still is today. It was even more horrific because it was children abducting and murdering a toddler. Nobody wants to believe children can and did do this, but they did. James's family live with it every day and it must be like hell for them. How do you get over something like that ? I do not advocate killing the murderers but I do think that they should not have been released. Now James's family are re-living everything again, that's why i think releasing them was wrong. We should care about the victim and the feelings of those that suffered.

Yes, I know that they were children when they did this and yes, I am not an expert and cannot evaluate if they are sorry for what they did. Yes ,one of them may be living a successful life now . Maybe one was more guilty than the other ? I dont know. I just think it was too soon to release them for the sake of justice for the victim. I think we judge what they did to James differently because they were children . We try to look for every possible reason why they did not mean to do it, as accepting a child of 10 can be bad inside is hard to do.

Now please feel free to rip my grammar apart :)

Nothing to rip apart grammar or otherwise. That is a very reasonable post and I, for one, respect your viewpoint.

I don't appreciate being falsely accused Alien, especially on a publc forum, iv'e already made that clear to you. Either retract this accusation or produce the posts that you are referring to.

You mean like you just falsely accused auto98uk of misquoting you?

Don't threaten me...it just doesn't work. If you feel aggrieved, go to mods. I don't have to justify to you...it's all there to be read.

You claimed he had committed an offence - it is there in black and white.

I told you that he has not committed an offence purely because he has been arrested for an offence.....that is not how the system works.

It's almost as if danot types stuff presses send then when others question what is in Black n White he refuses point blank..."I never said that"

How do you debate with such disingenuous claptrap?

It's almost as if danot types stuff presses send then when others question what is in Black n White he refuses point blank..."I never said that"

How do you debate with such disingenuous claptrap?

I think he may benefit by adhering to the advice he sees fit to dish out:

Humility?.. admit when you're wrong?.. if I was you i'd take a goog long look at myself. :rolleyes:

I think he may benefit by adhering to the advice he sees fit to dish out:

Considering he's on this thread almost 24hrs you'd have thought he'd have responded by now. Probably trawling through the posts to find where I allegedly misquoted him...be interesting to see how he bends that one.

I don't often post, but after reading this thread I think I will.

James Bulger is dead. Nothing will ever bring him back. The crime was horrific back when it happened and still is today. It was even more horrific because it was children abducting and murdering a toddler. Nobody wants to believe children can and did do this, but they did. James's family live with it every day and it must be like hell for them. How do you get over something like that ? I do not advocate killing the murderers but I do think that they should not have been released. Now James's family are re-living everything again, that's why i think releasing them was wrong. We should care about the victim and the feelings of those that suffered.

Yes, I know that they were children when they did this and yes, I am not an expert and cannot evaluate if they are sorry for what they did. Yes ,one of them may be living a successful life now . Maybe one was more guilty than the other ? I dont know. I just think it was too soon to release them for the sake of justice for the victim. I think we judge what they did to James differently because they were children . We try to look for every possible reason why they did not mean to do it, as accepting a child of 10 can be bad inside is hard to do. Now please feel free to rip my grammar apart :)

That's a pretty good post kayde and well done on raising your head above the parapet :)

Your view is obviously well held and described, not the knee jerk reaction that invariably sends threads like this down the pan.

The one point you made that I'd like to develop is the one Ive highlighted. I dont think many would try to convince us that these boys 'didn't mean to do it', personally I think they very much did and intended to derive pleasure from it.

The difference in how they should be punished though compared to an adult, in my view is because of the immature nature of the juvenile brain.

They'd had a life, but it was a short one prior to murdering James Bulger, shaped by their experiences which no doubt would have been in a dysfunctional environment, where they will have been exposed to things children should never see.

The state believed they were criminally responsible, so they went through the trial process, I agree that the 8 years they served doesn't seem long enough for what they did, but on the other hand I also believe children who err can be successcully rehabiliated and make a contribution to society, which I hope Robert Thompson the co defendant has managed to do over the last 9 years.

You mean like you just falsely accused auto98uk of misquoting you?

Don't threaten me...it just doesn't work. If you feel aggrieved, go to mods. I don't have to justify to you...it's all there to be read.

So you feel threatened by what i'm saying?.. I wonder why that is!. it's not a threat Alien, it's an invitataion for you to produce the post that supports your accusation. Either put up or shut up!. Are you prepared to do that.?:loopy:

So you feel threatened by what i'm saying?.. I wonder why that is!. it's not a threat Alien, it's an invitataion for you to produce the post that supports your accusation. Either put up or shut up!. Are you prepared to do that.?:loopy:

Like I have said previously you're an argumentative ****.

Archived