Memories of the ABC cinema

We used to do the ABC Minors too, if anyone could remember the song we used to sing I'd be amazed!

Like the OP, I remember queuing to see Grease & Jaws for what seemed like ages..do ciemas have queues like that nowadays?

I qued for hours to see jaws, the que stretched up round Schofields, back down and up the road. But what a film!!!:love:

We are the boys and girls well known as,the Minors of the ABC.

And every Saturday all line up to see the films we like to shout about and see.

We like to laugh and have a sing song (can't remember the last bit of this line),

We're all friends together the Minors of the ABC defgh etc etc,

Yes cinemas still have queues, but only to use the usually inadequate toilet facilities:hihi: and don't get me started on the price of sweets, drinks and popcorn in cinemas nowadays. I used to be able to get a couple of sweets and a lolly at the old ABC Minors nowadays I'd need another mortgage to kit out the kids with that lot:rant:. Actually we don't bother, we visit the 99p shop before any cinema visit.

Flippin ell, thanks steptoad, wonder what they'll think when I start chirruping that at Cineworld in the morning.

Archived