RTC Halifax Road evening of 6/3/10

Shouldn’t the title read RTA, a minor point I know but it is misleading. Hope everyone is OK, there but for the grace of god……….

No, RTA says that what has happened was an accident, when what has happened is an RTC (collision) which may or may not have been an accident.

Anyway, back on topic.

Please can we ask everyone not to speculate and/or identify people? Reading a forum would be a dreadful way to find out if it was one of your relatives so please offer the same courtesy to the loved ones of those involved in this incident.

Shouldn’t the title read RTA, a minor point I know but it is misleading. Hope everyone is OK, there but for the grace of god……….

Its usually a RTC (Road traffic collision) when more than one vehicle is involved. RTA (road traffic caccident) isnt used anymore as it implies no one is at fault.

EDIT: Sorry Mod, we were both explaining this at the same time.

Cant have been local if they are flooring it on that stretch, all the locals know to slow down on that stretch because of the speed cams.

In cars like that you dont much much road to be going from 40mph to well over 80mph in what seems like no time.

RTA went out the window years ago.

RTI tends to be the preferred abbreviation, but RTC is not unheard of.

No, RTA says that what has happened was an accident, when what has happened is an RTC (collision) which may or may not have been an accident.

RTC well you live and learn I was knocked of a bicycle and it was reported as a RTA but I suppose that was in the days before the PC brigade took over.

Angiepan yes a very minor point to bring up

If its so minor why go out of your way to correct it?

Certainly something very serious has happened and from what witnesses have told me I won't speculate further, but cars (and bikes) frequently speed past the Wadsley Bridge Club then slow down just in time for the camera. Prior to the cameras being installed it wasn't unusual to see (and hear) vehicles estimated to be travelling at 70mph+.

Archived