RTC Halifax Road evening of 6/3/10

not always when theres a fatality sometimes its to stop anyone taking pictures of the scene

Maybe.

Must've been goin at some speed though.... the barriers at the Lidl junction were smashed to **** and the cars were 50 yards further up!

My friend went over to both cars and turned the engines off for both of them, he did notice that the Honda's gear stick was in fourth I'm no car expert but he said he could reach 100 in fourth in a Honda type R. What shocked me the most is that the skid marks from the car pulling off of Limeminster stretched in an arched shape feet away from the bus stop where i gather several people were stood waiting for a bus. As much as i feel for the driver and her family at this point in time the situation could have been very different. Late last night there was a white sheet covering the crashed cars and forensics had taped the area off and sectioned the area off for analysis.

Maybe.

Must've been goin at some speed though.... the barriers at the Lidl junction were smashed to **** and the cars were 50 yards further up!

You may not be aware that these barriers were already down due to a vehicle skidding into them in the recent snow.

Just wondered if there are any more updates on this as ive just listened to hallam news and they haven,t mentoned it so hoping that it wasn't so serious after all.

Sadly, according to the BBC Radio Sheffield news, the outcome was as bad as it could possibly be.

Due to sensibilities of friends and family, who may be reading, that's all I'll say.

Archived