Jenkinson street kelvin

Hi bacardi - I found Herbert Goff Tansley's death record (Islington, Apr-June 1964). He was born in the Derby area in Oct-Dec 1898, his parents being Thomas W. Tansley and Ellen Tansley, née Goff. I somehow couldn't find your mum's birth entry. PM me an email address if you'd like scans from the 1991 census re your grandparents. I hope you manage to trace your mum's siblings.

hillsbro thankyou so much again.my mum was born in Malta as herbert was stationed there at that time.she was born on 21/01/1935.she died 16/10/2000.I cannot find her birth certificate.i have subscribed to ancestry.co.uk.I have found a few things.I am struggling with the willis side of family.I found her father frank aleck willis on her marriage certificate but cannot find who he married.thought i would try and find as much information as i could and then maybe take it to the archives in sheffield.May have a better chance then of tracing valerie,pauline and michael. hillsbro how come you are so helpful and kind.you could make a living doing this.Thank you again.

hillsbro how come you are so helpful and kind.you could make a living doing this.Thank you again.
Hi - I quite enjoy family history research; I've been doing it for almost 40 years but it's a lot easier now that we have so many Internet resources. I've helped many Forummers find long lost relatives and friends, and once reunited a father and daughter after 45 years.

I've found Laura Louisa Willis' family on the 1911 census return. Her parents are given as Frank Aleck Willis a 45 year-old "railway carrage examiner" born in Salisbury and Jessie Willis, 38, born in Hackney. The family lived at 69 South Mill Road, Bishops Stortford. I somehow cannot find their marriage entry, but Frank turns up reliably in earlier census returns!

hillsbro what can i say THANKS seems so little when printed.I have so much info to sort thanks to you.YOU will never know how grateful i am.Because of your help and info i have just found the name of the ship that my mum came back from Malta.It was the Moldavia that arrived in london on May 2 1936.what a result.Just may find those children yet bearing in mind the youngest valerie would be 62/63 years young.I have been informed today after numerous phone calls that there was talk many years ago that michael may have joined the navy.

• 5 months later...

hillsbro i know its cheeky to ask but i wonder if you could help please.a family member thinks they may have a lead to one of those children that i have been looking for.Valerie may have been adopted and new name could be Dawson who then married A. Martin. in 1966.would i be able to trace where they lived in sheffield

• 3 months later...

Hi,

Ive just started working on my family tree. Its going to be a gift for my Mum's 60th birthday, she lost both of her parents when she was very young and therefore doesn't know too much about her history - and I know she would love so much to know more.

I stumbled across this conversation as my grandfather (mum's father) was born on Jenkinson Street in 1907 and I wanted a clearer idea of where is was/maybe some pictures for my mum. While I have found a map from this conversation I am still in awe of your ability to find information. I am a member of ancestry but still have come up against numerous brick walls - mainly when people were born abroad. My Mum's grandma's father was born in Germany. I have found him on census's but cant find his birth cert (even with world access) and therefore cant find any further back on that line. Any tips?

Archived