Wharncliffe MTB funding

gd_1

nope,from the ".biz" addy's

i hardly ever had any spam till i noticed my email addy was on show on the forum,(now removed)

it could be the website hosts have distributed it, as they do :rolleyes:

if i find out its from elsewhere then clearly a full apology will be forthcoming ect,

it just seems a coincidance thats all,

ive barred .biz from my outlook express, il see if that stops em,

JJ..

no,i don't mean gravity slaves but the web site hosts,

of course it could be a program trawling for addys,

i blame myself for not making shure my addy wasn't on show,

sees ya on the trails ;)

JJ..

I sincerely hope it's a coincidence! Neither I, nor my host (they assure me), have distributed the address so the only option is a web crawler has picked up the email. However, I have an 'alternate' account on the forum for testing and I get no spam to that address. Sorry to hear you feel my site was involved - I'll see if I can change the default setting from show to not show emails as an extra security measure.

Edit - just checked the forum settings and I forgot, I had set it up so that email addresses are hidden from guests, to prevent spiders hoovering up email addresses. Only registered users can see other users details.

A quick IT tip - I get loads of spam to all my addresses - drove me nuts until I swapped mail clients from Outlook Express to Mozilla Thunderbird. Not only is this way better and more secure but has a spam filter than catches 99% of my spam. Painless import facility too. Recommended...

Back to the woods - did anyone else see the press release in Fridays Telegraph? If not, it's on my site too, with some different pictures:

http://www.gravity-slaves.co.uk/main/?p=show_article&article_ID=302

Plans have been submitted, sponsorship started to come in and a great XC trail is on the way!

thanks for the time,

ive asked around and outlook has its detracters ;)

hopefully il be out this week over wc so maybe see ya around :)

mind you ,just started with tooth ache so i maybe around the dentist more :mad:

JJ..:P

Archived