Recommend me a car

1. Are French cars really that bad?

2. Are Rovers any good?

3. What's the best make and model for under a grand?

(nothing bigger than a 1.4)

im taking my lessons but in a Citroen C2 sport and its really nice i think plus my instructor loves it aswell

1. Are French cars really that bad?

2. Are Rovers any good?

3. What's the best make and model for under a grand?

(nothing bigger than a 1.4)

I have it on good authority that one Very Important thing you need to factor in is maintenance costs (not much point getting something cheapish if you're going to be screwed for large repair costs every now and then and need loads of stuff replacing). Just something to work into your price calculations :)

Stay well away from cheap Rovers! Most have the K series engine that eats head gaskets. They have a modified one now that is supposed to last, but if it has overheated with one of the originals on you could be talking a bill of around £500+ to do it PROPERLY.

Have you thought about a Peugeot or a Citroen? Should be able to get a decent one if you look careful for the money you are talking about.

Good luck.

I'm going to look at a Suzuki Wagon tomorrow, anyone know owt about them?

We've had a Suzuki before & it was a pretty reliable car. I would recommend. Only thing i noticed was the bushes used to squeak over uneven raod surfaces. If you hear this it usually means that you are going to have to spend a bit on suspension repairs.

Honest John website is quite good for reviews of cars.

Archived