Pre theatre/City Hall food.

reg1

I would suggest Ego mediteranean restaurant next to the peace gardens and adjacent to the Mercure hotel. I went last week with family and there is a really nice atmosphere and they do a pre-theatre offer with lots of choices on the menu. Plus if you sign up to their website you get a free bottle of wine when you go. I don't work there honest! but I thought at the time it would make a nice pre-theatre venue.

Why not give Crucible Corner a try, they have changed the evening menu to a fine dining style offer, i went the other day and had the stargazer and king prawn curry, absolutely fantastic. The prices are pretty good for the style and they sell quite possibly the best pint of san miguel in town.

I will definatley be going there again.

Crucible Corner was great before they changed the menu!

What was the menu like before? And what now? The time I tried to visit, I genuinely couldn't get there through the fences and machinery without walking back round and coming round from the other side of the Crucible.

Granted it was lazy of us, but we just went to Zooby's in the Gardens for food and coffee anyway.

Wish they'd hurry up and finish the courtyard outside the theatres!

Archived