Daytime trance parties

Agnes Klos

The Howard used to host sunday afternoon events after Insomniacz (which rammed in loads of folk from 4am-noon at the old NCPM) - but that was in the days of hard house in the early 00s - they may have the odd one off re-union - but thats about it...

there was a monthly Sunday daytime event there between around 2pm and 11pm when I worked there between 2005-06. I don't know if it was the one you describe or not, but it was definitely once a month every month.

My Fortnightly Wednesday night event Chaos Theory@ SAWA will be changing its opening hours to 8pm -1.30am From March 31st as people complain they cant stay til the end when we closing at 3am what with work the next day. However it would still be a stretch to call it a daytime party. The Howard is probably the closest you will get really.

Check the website: http://www.thehowardsheffield.com/index.html

Sheffield and the North/Midlands in general is enjoying a healthy trance scene at the moment with Off The Rails and Planet Zogg (psytrance) doing monthly parties at Plug, Digital Society monthly in Leeds, Garuda & Illuminaughty in Manchester, along with big guns like Godskitchen in Birmingham, Passion in Coalville and the small matter of Gatecrasher re-opening in Sheffield this year which is sure to be hosting monthly/bi-monthly trance events. So with all this going on its not surprising theres not much call for daytime events!

• 7 months later...

I don't know of any daytime parties but if you into Trance and House check out House Story.

House Story

The second Saturday of every month @ The West End

Mulitiable DJ's playing different forms of House Music

Vinyl Only

We're always looking for new dj's who spin vinyl come down and check it out!

Archived