Have you walked around Ladybower?

Debk

Originally posted by foo_fighter

Using OS maps (via Memory Map on the PC) I get a complete route around Ladybower (but not including Derwent etc.) to be 6.74 miles (using the roads/paths closest to the shoreline and walking across the top of the earth dam).

Hope that helps.

:)

Is that including walking over the top end of Landbower at Fairholmes and back down tho the road again? Ie the full circumference of the entire dam?

Originally posted by BoroughGal

I think It's 8 mile from one end (the bridge) to the other (the bus terminus). Then, obviously, account for the 8 mile back again....

I've driven round in my car and clocked it up. Now sure how far it is as a round trip because cars can only go as far as the terminus.

You're thinking of the road alongside Ladybower, Derwent and Howden.

The uppermost dam is Howden - this is the one you are alongside when you reach the bus terminus. The one below that is Dewent - that's the one who's dam wall towers over the visitors centre at Fairholmes (where you can feed the birds ;)).

Ladybower is the lowest one and stretches from the visitors centre right under the A57 to the earth dam near Bamford.

3 dams in a sort of stepped layout. :) All known as the Derwent Valley.

Originally posted by jackthedog

Is that including walking over the top end of Landbower at Fairholmes and back down tho the road again? Ie the full circumference of the entire dam?

No, the 6.74 miles I quoted is just the "southern loop", crossing over the Ashopton (?) viaduct, not venturing up to Fairholmes...

...the distance around the whole of the Ladybower reservior, including up to Fairholmes would be 11.7 miles.

:)

You're thinking of the road alongside Ladybower, Derwent and Howden.

Ok ok smart a*se! ;)

(where you can feed the birds ;)).

A row of smilies to express my mood....

:(;):D:P:cool::rolleyes::gag::heyhey:

(private joke..)

Archived