Where is all the drum & bass?

teflon

Originally posted by Andy C

There was a good drum n bass night at Sharkeys last Friday, don't think it's a regular event though.

My buddy runs a drum n bass night at Sharkeys.

Thought it was a Saturday tho, however I may be wrong :D

The drum and bass at Sharkeys on friday was Drum&Bass Arena. I'd imagine it was a one off - it's a bit lame if that's going to be their regular venue since it only has a 1 o'clock license.

Sneak vs Metropolis has finished, but Metropolis will be doing a monthly a Zero when the students are back.

The Sheffield D&B scene is pretty dead at the moment we'll have to hope it picks up!

(and by the way the Nova comment is pretty far off target since the majority of people at Sheffield D&B nights are students, or ex students)

too true.

the sad fact is that there simply arent enough people going out over the summer to warrant promoters risking money on big nights...it isnt viable.

so they stop for the summer or scale down..like dnb arena. the sharkeys gig was a one-off event for their 9th birthday and although more events there are in the pipeline they're still planning to do the big clubnights when the students get back, or so i understand...

so for now the Bass Bar runs at sharkeys every wednesday night, it's FREE and continues all summer...we play hiphop, reggae, jungle and drum and bass and will be featuring more guest dj's from around sheffield in the near future so come down check it out...

and get thee to tuesday club when it restarts!(and arena and sneak and anything being put on!) ,the more people who turn out when events ARE on the better the position the promoters will be in to run events over the summer with less risk. it works both ways, the punters have as much responsibility to the scene as the promoters.

rant over! :)

Archived