Where is all the drum & bass?

teflon

well i got the impression that metropolisVsneak was on at zero next sat night? it says its on in that free local mag, cant remember what its called...............can anyone verify or explain whats happening?

oh yeah and sharkeys on a wed is wicked, good tunes and happy vibes, well recommended!!

:confused:

Originally posted by cosmic0girl

well i got the impression that metropolisVsneak was on at zero next sat night? it says its on in that free local mag, cant remember what its called...............can anyone verify or explain whats happening?

oh yeah and sharkeys on a wed is wicked, good tunes and happy vibes, well recommended!!

:confused:

It's as MJLacey said. SneakvsMetropolis is no more.

Metropolis will be back when the students return.

Think it's Love2Be next Sat @ .zero

WELL I'M IMMENSLEY GUTTED!!!!AHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!

was so lookin forward to dancing away to some hardcore D&B but i do agree that over the years the scene has changed with far too much crap being released, dont follow it quite how i used to...tis a shame.......but I wouldn't give up on it completely, its still a good night out indeed

Easy All...

Originally posted by mikeyj as clipboard ???

too true.

the sad fact is that there simply arent enough people going out over the summer to warrant promoters risking money on big nights...it isnt viable.

so they stop for the summer or scale down..like dnb arena. the sharkeys gig was a one-off event for their 9th birthday and although more events there are in the pipeline they're still planning to do the big clubnights when the students get back, or so i understand...

so for now the Bass Bar runs at sharkeys every wednesday night, it's FREE and continues all summer...we play hiphop, reggae, jungle and drum and bass and will be featuring more guest dj's from around sheffield in the near future so come down check it out...

and get thee to tuesday club when it restarts!(and arena and sneak and anything being put on!) ,the more people who turn out when events ARE on the better the position the promoters will be in to run events over the summer with less risk. it works both ways, the punters have as much responsibility to the scene as the promoters.

rant over! :)

Originally posted by mjlacey21

The drum and bass at Sharkeys on friday was Drum&Bass Arena. I'd imagine it was a one off - it's a bit lame if that's going to be their regular venue since it only has a 1 o'clock license.

Sneak vs Metropolis has finished, but Metropolis will be doing a monthly a Zero when the students are back.

The Sheffield D&B scene is pretty dead at the moment we'll have to hope it picks up!

(and by the way the Nova comment is pretty far off target since the majority of people at Sheffield D&B nights are students, or ex students)

Spot on there Mikey... the money involved to bring DJ's up to Sheffield on Friday/Saturday is big so unless you know theres gonna be some punters around to come then theres no point.

Even just putting a 'locals' D&B night still costs you the venue rent/flyers so you really need to start in sept & hope you can keep going through the summer. We wanted to do this with 'SvM' but sadly with venue changes & the punter apathy it wasn't gonna happen, even to run something that just manages to pay for itself... But Metropolis will be back as mjlacey said 3rd Friday of Sept I believe...

So things are on the up, The 3DOM thingy on Devonshire Green Aug Bank Hols... Not sure if theres any dnb but should be good.

See here >>> http://www.sheffieldforum.co.uk/showthread.php?s=&threadid=50137

The Bass Bass still happens on weds @ Sharkeys, Tuesday Club will be back soon, I still do Sneaky @ the Forum Every Sunday. I also know of a new night, (nothing to do with me) called Concussion, think that will be starting last thurs of sept, not sure where though...

Also heard of something quite big @ Corp on the Thurs 13th Oct... Big Jungle tings I hear!!! Nothing official yet, check dnba arena forum... I may also have a ikkle something in the pipeline too...

As Mikey said though, nothing happens if you don't support the scene so when you hear of something...

As for nothing coming out dnb wise, I hear ya but check out the following... (sort the wheat from the chaff man. Could be worse, think if you were a house DJ, how much chaff!!!)

Prodigy - Voodoo People (Pendulum Rmx)

B/W Smack My Bitch Up (Sub-Focus Rmx) - XLT219DJ

Anything by Drifter (AKA Noisia) Sick bizniz...

Ray Keith Vs Audio Bully's - Shot You Down - White

Lemon D - Get On Down(Die Rmx)

B/W EZ Rollers - Ready For Love(Clipz Rmx) - VRECSUK004

Inabit

Hijinx...

i heard a wicked drum n bass set off a guy called lee richardson (something to do with reflective i believe, but not 100% sure)

it wasnt out anywhere it was on a internet radio station, so for all u peeps that love it but dont get out much check out DVM Radio, dont know if he is resident on there or wot but its worth a look!!

they also had Tex, D-no & Miss-T doin a set last week, think it were just a special nite though, cos its first time i heard Tex on there. D-no & Miss-T & Da mighty Blaze are residents though (reflective dj's)

Monster Monster is coming to Sheffield

We play some drumnbass (and definitely sharing the love of Pendulum at the moment) and breaks and electro and rock and hip hop and remixes and bootlegs all mashed up.

Keep an eye out for us in October at Gatecrasher.

monster-monster.co.uk

Sleazecore For Everyone

Archived