Kumquat Mae - Vegetarian Food - It's back!

SimonS

Sorry to be the one to bring the tone down, but I think it's only fair that we hear both sides of the story!

I sincerely hope the food has changed - I ate there for a friend's birthday and it was bland and under-seasoned and very over-priced. It was priced as though we were eating in a plush restaurant, but it felt more like eating at a student mate's house, all I needed was neighbours on the telly and the plate on my lap.

And before anybody says anything - I don't work for The Bohemian, don't like that place either.

Sorry to be the one to bring the tone down, but I think it's only fair that we hear both sides of the story!

I sincerely hope the food has changed - I ate there for a friend's birthday and it was bland and under-seasoned and very over-priced. It was priced as though we were eating in a plush restaurant, but it felt more like eating at a student mate's house, all I needed was neighbours on the telly and the plate on my lap.

And before anybody says anything - I don't work for The Bohemian, don't like that place either.

I must agree - when I went there a few years ago, I thought it was highly overpriced for the quality of the food. They were comparable to the prices of meat dishes in other restaurants, who can justify those prices as meat is generally a bit pricer than veg. The restaurant was nothing special either.

However, this new venture does sound very interesting - and seems to make a lot of sense too! I think I would like to give it a go some time.

I must agree - when I went there a few years ago, I thought it was highly overpriced for the quality of the food. They were comparable to the prices of meat dishes in other restaurants, who can justify those prices as meat is generally a bit pricer than veg. The restaurant was nothing special either.

However, this new venture does sound very interesting - and seems to make a lot of sense too! I think I would like to give it a go some time.

Thanks. Points noted. Nowhere is always perfect or to everyone's taste.

Sorry you didn't like the quality of the food. It wasn't my restaurant (I am Nicky's friend) but the prices had to provide a wage to the cook and also take into account the overheads of running a restaurant. As it says in the Star article it was difficult to fill the restaurant during the week.

This was hopefully the best idea to bring Kumquat Mae back.

The event is priced at £14.50 for three courses and the pub is lovely.

There is a meat/murderer option.

sorry for taking nature's option and respecting the food chain

why would a vegetarian restaurant even exist?

and more to the point why would they have a meat option?! srely that defeats the whole option

Archived