Beaver Hill School

Anyone used to go to Beaver Hill School during the early 60`s. The head was a man called Hill, he had a farm where the M1 junction at Aston is. The place is still there but I think it`s a Greyhound Racinf Kennels or a dog rescue kennels now

• 4 weeks later...
I went to Beaver Hill 1959-l963 Headmaster was L.C.Hancock who had lost an arm, he had farm at side of M1 Aston.Girls head was Mrs Spencer.

Thats right, sorry I it was Mr Hancock, I remember getting the cane off Mrs Spencer. She was a right dragon

Hi,

Mr L.C.Hancock was the headmaster at Beaver Hill when I was there! He used to rub the fingers of all the smokers that he caught with sand paper, to remove the nocotine. We were all scared of him those days (50s) but I guess that we could do with a few more Mr Hancock's in today's society.

Cal.

I remember being told off by Mr Hancock and he used to shove the stub of his arm near your face at the same time. Not very nice

Hi,

Did you ever have to get in line outside his office to wait to be caned?

Lot's did!!

Archived