Beaver Hill School

Found this thread a little late but I was @ Beaver Hill from 60/64

Teachers Names I remember : Male - Hancock, McCallum, Richardson, Thompson (P.E) Griffiths, Squires, Savage. Dakin, Dale : Female - Mrs. Spencer, Mrs. Izit, Miss Palmer,

Miss Charlesworth (who later became Mrs. Dale) can't put a name to the rest - maybe someone else can

Cheers M'Dears

• 2 weeks later...

I was at Beever Hill in 1959 when I was 14 for the last year of my school life when I finished at 15. I remember representing the school in the discus throwing schools sports event. I threw the furthest but I was disqualified for stepping out of the circle. i remember Mr Hancock headmaster and where he lived because my uncle lived nearby at Aston in a bungalow.

I find it funny that all the people who mention being caned at school by who or whenever don't admit that they deserved it. I was given the cane 2 or 3 times and a few slaps at the back of the legs (more painful that cane I thought) - Needless-to-say I did deserve it (would not complain to my mother or she would have given me a clip round the ear as well)

Quite right Katie48 of course I deserved it I was far from being the best behaved pupil or the brightest but I knew that when I was misbehaving I would be punished with at least a clip round the ear. Didn't do me any harm and taught me to respect my elders.

Wouldn't go amiss nowadays either.

Archived