1. 1. Best Friend???

• 14yr and below i have a best friend
    • 15-18 i have a best friend
    • 19-24 i have a best friend
    • 25-30 i have a best friend
    • 31-40 i have a best friend
    • 41-50 i have a best friend
    • 51+ i have a best friend
    • I think the term best friend is a childhood saying.
    • I want a best friend!!! or a friend :(
    • I have close friends.

I can't imagine a world without my friends.

I do have a best mate, yeah. Partner aside, it's great to have someone in your life who just 'gets' you. Someone who knows all about you and loves you anyway - and you feel the same way about them. :)

I enjoy other friendships on many different levels. Some I see quite often, others less often, but the quality is still good.

Awwwww that's sweet with your kid :) Bless.

(I think I spent a lot of my childhood hiding from bullies, so I'm pretty certain the only "best friends" I would have had then would be the ones who didn't pick on me :hihi::help:)

I'm 25 and definitely don't have a best friend, or even any close ones. Probably a combination of moving around loads, having had personal issues to sort out, and being genuinely quite keen on spending time on my own. At the moment I think I would find hanging out with one person or a small group of people a lot quite stifling. I know I am still growing and changing as a person. My interests, world view, career ambitions, even my emotions are very different to those I had six months ago. Sometimes I hardly know myself or what I really want or like so I think I'd like to work on that before getting close to anyone.

On the most part, it seems to work fine; I'm pretty independent practically and I think I'm getting stronger emotionally as well - I can definitely cope with the Friday and Saturday nights on my own and the daily s***e a lot better now :).

Sometimes I still think it would be great to have someone I was really, really tight with, especially as I'm not close to my family. If you offered me a hot bloke or two really good, loyal, female friends I'd go for the friends.

But right now I think my best mate is probably the city I live in, as the song goes :) (in fact, I remember when I was a bit tearful just sitting in Paradise Square on New Years Day watching the snow fall and the stars in the sky and it was almost as good as having someone to have a chat with over the phone).

:cry: That last bit was so sad. I'd never had any close friends until I got with my OH, still don't have anyone other than him, don't think I ever will :huh:

Oh <removed> you're all very sweet but that certainly wasn't meant to be a sympathy post :hihi::help:

I'm actually pretty fond of how things are in my life right now. I think I was just trying to make the point that I am at the life stage when I need to be free to think "Right I'm doing X this Friday or moving to Y or visiting Z" and in the past when I've been part of a close group or part of a couple that kind of restricts that?

I'm going to edit it to make it more cheerful and concise :)

I had a few best friends when I was a kid, then good friends as I've grown up. I've known some of my friends for 28 years now! We started primary school together in the same class.

Archived