Room to hire please! 70th birthday.

gina2007

Garrison Hotel in Morrisons entrance, or the Gas club at the bottom of stannington Road

You can't have your own caterer's at the Garrison Hotel. I had my Graduation party there and wanted to have all West Indian food but they wouldn't let me because of the fear of people gettin food poisioning and blaming the Garrison Hotel. How about using the Philidalphia WMC. I hear it only cost £30 with a deposit of £50 which you get back if the room is left clean and tidy

Hello!

Planning a suprise birthday party for my gran, her birthday isnt until August but want to hire somewhere that'll hold approx 100? Needs tables with chairs as there'll be plenty of OAPs there :lol: Cost isnt an issue. Doesnt matter if the place has a 'own dj' or 'own caterer' policy, can provide both, or venue can provide them. Majority of family/friends live at S5/6 areas so this side of town pref. Also, somewhere that has plenty of parking spaces.

Anyone recommend anywhere?

If the venue has an own catering policy it would need to provide sarnies, crisps and nothing 'foriegn'. My gran had never tasted noodles til I made her some so shes a proper meat and 2 veg woman, doesnt like 'this foreign crap' :hihi: Any dj would need to have stuff liek vera lynn and what have you, 1940s, 50s music not todays brap brap stuff. My nan would murder me if I arranged a party for her serving chicken curry and playing RnB music :D Id ideally want to decorate the place with some banners and balloons. And it must serve tea and coffee, aswell as alcohol.

I know im asking for alot but shes never had a party and shes going downhill, fast so would really like to make it a 'special' birthday :)

Went to a 40th at bradfield village hall last summer. Nice new venue, plenty of room, bar and nice location. Don't know about cost.

Hope this helps

i had a party at shiregreen wmc just before christmas. huge room - its the one where they filmed the full monty. the club is all on one level with 2 steps to get in. there are plenty of table and chairs in the room and they have a nice area to set food up in etc. would highly recommend it

• 1 month later...

The old Rectory at handsworth

perfect for

childrens parties

family parties

anniversaries

Wedding receptions

and so on

room hire from 7pm to 12.30 am is from £130. can hold up to 150 people. Use there DJ or your own - in house DJ is very used to 70th/ 80th birthdays, 50th wedding parties and so on and hes just £150 for the night.

venue at post code S13 9BZ just up from the parkway ASDA

http://www.orh.org.uk

tel 0114 2692537

Archived