The Horseshoe, Shiregreen.

what are your memories of the [shoe]. i was a regular from 1973 to the day it closed. my name is fred hawnt and would like to hear from any of the old football or snooker lads.

used to go in occasionally in the 70's.

Edited by sparkyfred

what are your memories of the [shoe]. i was a regular from 1973 to the day it closed. my name is fred hawnt and would like to hear from any of the old football or snooker lads.

Do you remember scotch John and shirley from Shirehall.

I knew a lot that went in there and that club below was it Hartley house.

I often called in the Horseshoe during the war time but it was always known to us as Aphatis (spelling?) does anyone know as to how it got that name,i used to assume it was the name of a former landlord like swainies was for the Carlisle Hotel when a chap named Swain kept it in the early 1900,s

hi im similar to derfblade went in shoe for prob last 25 years or so of its life did go downhill due to a lot of the ballbags who started using it who brought drugs an violence with it,it was that what forced it to close apart from brewery getting rid of one of best landlords, it was effectionly known as hafferties 50s-60s