Longley outdoor swimming pool

atlex48

Hi,

I used to go there all the time as I lived just up the road near Firth Park Grammer school, but we never paid as we used to climb up the tree that overlooked the ladies open air changing rooms and drop down, change, and take our clothes with us to the pool area. We then waited for an empty room to change back and hop it back up the tree, hoping that we weren't seen by the attendant. Only got caught once and promised to bring in the money next time. Never did though.

Hi,

I used to go there all the time as I lived just up the road near Firth Park Grammer school, but we never paid as we used to climb up the tree that overlooked the ladies open air changing rooms and drop down, change, and take our clothes with us to the pool area. We then waited for an empty room to change back and hop it back up the tree, hoping that we weren't seen by the attendant. Only got caught once and promised to bring in the money next time. Never did though.

I remember sometimes there were gaps in the fence you could get in through as well, not that I think it cost much to get in anyway

I went there once and was launched in the deep end by a gang of lads who were going round chucking folk in.

I was grabbed and given a "leg and a wing" into the deep end and down I went, nearly drown i was thrashing around on the bottom like a brick when a got hauled out by some guy.

A close call

Archived