Moss Street Brightside

Hello,

I am doing a Sheffield research project and I know that there once was a Moss Street in Brightside in Sheffield. Does anyone know if it still exists, which it doesn't appear to, or what it has changed its name to?

I would appreciate any help.

Freddie

hello,

i am doing a sheffield research project and i know that there once was a moss street in brightside in sheffield. Does anyone know if it still exists, which it doesn't appear to, or what it has changed its name to?

Freddie

there was a moss street at grimesthorpe it ran between hunsley st and crown hill adsetts area

I imposed a 1900's map over the top of Flash Earth,

and + marks the spot where Moss St was,

the east end of Moss St ended more or less where the bend on Petre St starts.

What a smashing airial photograph thanks... petre street did not run all that way round when i was younger:hihi:the bend at the bottom was the start of Crown hill.

Hello,

I am doing a Sheffield research project and I know that there once was a Moss Street in Brightside in Sheffield. Does anyone know if it still exists, which it doesn't appear to, or what it has changed its name to?

Freddie

hi Freddie moss street was in grimesthorpe not brightside !!!!!!!!

Thank you so much, because of you telling me whereabouts it was I was able to find an old map with the Moss street marked on which is really helpful for my project.

I don't suppose any of you know where the Sheffield School of Arts was orginally located, all I know is that it was somewhere near the centre of town.

Thanks again

Thank you so much, because of you telling me whereabouts it was I was able to find an old map with the Moss street marked on which is really helpful for my project.

I don't suppose any of you know where the Sheffield School of Arts was orginally located, all I know is that it was somewhere near the centre of town.

Thanks again

Hi,

according to this article .. www.sheffieldtelegraph.co.uk

Sheffield School of Art changed it's name around 1870 to the Sheffield Technical School of Art.

I have found 'Sheffield Technical School of Art' on Arundel Street,

at what looks to be number 65 or 67

(Kelly's directory 1925)

m&p

Archived