Getting Married - need help and tips

I'd like to get married in a country style hotel where I can have the ceremony and reception all in the same place.

I understand that a lot of hotels have wedding planners - what exactly do they do? Will they recommend photographers, flowers, cakes etc? Or do they even book them for you? Or do they not do any of that? Really not sure what to expect!

Also, when you get married in a hotel - which family members are expected to stay overnight? Also, who pays for them to stop - us or themselves?

Haven't a clue with any of this so any help would be much appreciated! :):)

I hope it's not too stressful :help:

If you contact the registrars at High Peak and at Bakewell (they're separate areas) they'll send you a list of all the approved venues where you have your ceremony.

Usually friends and family pay for their own accommodation.

(I can highly recommend the Rising Sun at Bamford)

If you contact the registrars at High Peak and at Bakewell (they're separate areas) they'll send you a list of all the approved venues where you have your ceremony.

Usually friends and family pay for their own accommodation.

(I can highly recommend the Rising Sun at Bamford)

Thanks again. :) I really don't know where to start :help:

• 1 month later...

hotels offering wedding packages usually provide a list with a choice of florists etc, but it's up to you to make arrangements with those suppliers directly. Have a chat with the wedding planners at each of your preferred venues, and see what they do or don't cover

our wedding price included for flowers for the venue, but not the bouquets. The florist seriously hacked us off when trying to choose specific flowers and bouquet styles, so we cancelled the table decs with the hotel and negotiated a cheaper price as a result. We had chocolate bunnies as table centres instead as it was easter sunday

Archived