Leaders wives..

Leaders wives  

27 members have voted

1. 1. Leaders wives

• You are looking fragrant tonight darling, let's see more of you
    • Off with you to a nunnery, you should be seen and not heard
    • Peter Mandelson

No, not the Chinese top shelf publication, but the better halves of Messers Brown and Cameron who have put themselves into the election fray while Ms Clegg seems to be keeping her head down.

Are unelected wives of politicians a help or a hindrance to politics and governance? Does anyone care what they think or does it help to remind us that behind every politician there is a real human being with needs, desires and feelings - apart from Peter Mandelson of course :)

Over to you dear friends.

No, not the Chinese top shelf publication, but the better halves of Messers Brown and Cameron who have put themselves into the election fray while Ms Clegg seems to be keeping her head down.

Are unelected wives of politicians a help or a hindrance to politics and governance? Does anyone care what they think or does it help to remind us that behind every politician there is a real human being with needs, desires and feelings - apart from Peter Mandelson of course :)

:hihi::hihi: You're a lacist!!!!

On the original topic, I think we do need to acknowledge that the WAGs and HABs of our politicians have some influence on their partners, which arguably is more than anyone else.

At the same time, I don't like this trend where we seem to demand every intimate detail of public figures lives, if that makes sense? I don't particularly feel entitled or interested in seeing the gory details of what the Camerons had for breakfast. I was disgusted at all the snatched photographs of Mrs C when their son died. It's all about keeping a balance - I'm interested in where the partners stand on the big issues but not in the personal details.

Surely any unelected influence on the government is a hindrance? As is Mandy, and that's true on both counts :)

Mrs Brown is over it then?

I honestly can't remember her being wheeled out with a painted on smile so soon after the death of her daughter as Mrs Cameron was following the death of her son. Though of course I may be wrong.

I know loss never goes away, but life does get back on track in time. I find it quite sick how soon Mrs C was peraded after the loss of her son.

Archived