Rockers night out - where to go?

Fraid its pretty much just The Nelson and Dove N Rainbow these days.

And Lez isn't that bad, he just plays music far far far too loud in the Nelson on Saturday nights

Arrrr it's so sad theres no rock scene anymore :( It's not going to be much of a pub crawl with 2 pubs to choose from.

That sounds like my nights out when I was about 17! :)

I can recommend West St Live. Try a shot called I See Dead People. Watching my mate down one of those was bloody hilarious!

Yea like mine too.

Lovin your username btw:D

Yea like mine too.

Lovin your username btw:D

Ta :) It's a long story!

I miss rebels. And the Roxy's rock night. The Nelson used to be good, whatever it was called before. Was great - Sportsman, Wap, Roxys. Ah youth!!

PS WSL is good friday and saturday, and has live music both nights, and good drinks. I'd recommend maybe starting at Dove and Rainbow, up to WSL, maybe a wander down west st to Frog and Parrot, down to Dev Cat and then stay there. Last two aren't really rock, but are good non chav pubs normally!

I was trying to remember what the Nelson used to be called the other day, was it The Hind ?

I think it was something before that but I can't remember. It did newky brown for £1 a bottle. Quality.

Well if its the Dove and Rainbow thats carrying the flag thats it then its time to stop in and get the carpet slippers out

A night out is what you make it. If you go out with that attitude, you'll have a crap night. Go have fun and enjoy it, I say! :):)

Archived