Rockers night out - where to go?

Me too. Great times, fun dressing up, awsome atmosphere, good music, massive hair. Went from 1986 - 1995. Now feeling like a fat old fart these days and can only daydream about the days of goth/glam rock heaven.

That's too sad! Don't let yourself feel like that---pretty yourself up and go out! There's no reason to let the fun stop just because you're older than you were. Life is what you make of it!

Your pedantry is such a sexy quality, and I of course take no umbrage (got it right this time!) with it and doff my cap to you :-P

As you rightly say, given our location on West St the odd miscreant is inevitable but our doorstaff always deal with them swiftly and safely and most get turned away at the door.

For the previous poster to state we're full of "chavs" on Saturdays is incredibly harsh, akin to saying we're full of "smellies" on Fridays because we get a lot of rock and metal fans in for the music we put on then. We get a wide cross section of people in both nights but I suppose the general truth of the matter is that we largely get a bit of a younger crowd in on our Saturdays that are more indie orientated and 60s/70s/80s/90s pop orientated than our core customer base on the rockier Fridays. This dynamic of offering different entertainment on each respective weekend night has been really working for us as a business for quite some time now and we're more than happily going to continue with it for some time to come.

Friday nights work for me with bands like Charlie Dont Surf

Friday nights work for me with bands like Charlie Dont Surf

two massive rock gigs in May that we're looking foward to: Shrine of the Monkey album launch on Friday 21st May- A set of their own stuff early on followed by an epic set of rock covers! Then the week after on Friday 28th May the majestic Blackout return to rock out in spectacular fashion!

That's too sad! Don't let yourself feel like that---pretty yourself up and go out! There's no reason to let the fun stop just because you're older than you were. Life is what you make of it!

Too true we are off to rhodes in june for this

http://www.classicrocktours.com

You can see most of the bands locally from time to time and they are very good.You can check most of them out on you tube or their websites and the price to see them is about the same as entry to a nightclub.

Ok they are tribute bands but a great night out bringing back memories of the penthouse,rebels, dollars, wap, corp etc and you also see people you haven't seen for years(although grey or bald in most of us):cool:

Too true we are off to rhodes in june for this

http://www.classicrocktours.com

You can see most of the bands locally from time to time and they are very good.You can check most of them out on you tube or their websites and the price to see them is about the same as entry to a nightclub.

Ok they are tribute bands but a great night out bringing back memories of the penthouse,rebels, dollars, wap, corp etc and you also see people you haven't seen for years(although grey or bald in most of us):cool:

That is fantastic!

There's nothing better than getting out and doing what you like. Love that you're making it happen. It's too easy to make excuses and act like life won't let you do it. I say, you get one go, make it good.

That is fantastic!

There's nothing better than getting out and doing what you like. Love that you're making it happen. It's too easy to make excuses and act like life won't let you do it. I say, you get one go, make it good.

Also got 2 nights on the trot at wadsley bridge wmc, tonight is a Bulgarian rock band called MR vagabond (not seen them yet) and tomorrow it's rock legacy who i have seen a few times.

Also at bellhouse wmc tonight are Whizz kid top band seen them loads of times so in my eyes(although may be a bit blurry come sunday morning but heh what's new lol) if you want to rock you still can most weekends.

OK some may be put off with them playing wmc but these this weekend are all free and you get cheaper and better quality drinks than nightclubs.

Try it one night you may be very surprised it keeps us rockin' and i'm nearly at the dreaded 50 :D

Also got 2 nights on the trot at wadsley bridge wmc, tonight is a Bulgarian rock band called MR vagabond (not seen them yet) and tomorrow it's rock legacy who i have seen a few times.

Also at bellhouse wmc tonight are Whizz kid top band seen them loads of times so in my eyes(although may be a bit blurry come sunday morning but heh what's new lol) if you want to rock you still can most weekends.

OK some may be put off with them playing wmc but these this weekend are all free and you get cheaper and better quality drinks than nightclubs.

Try it one night you may be very surprised it keeps us rockin' and i'm nearly at the dreaded 50 :D

I see that you are a "Tara's Secret" fan as well :hihi:

Excellent! Thanks for the suggestion--a blurry Sunday can be well worth it. Keeps you young, I say!

I see that you are a "Tara's Secret" fan as well :hihi:

Too right Vertigo the latest album is fantastic really addictive,the more you listen to it the better it get's, for a sampler of the album

http://www.taras-secret.com

The more you go out and try other bands rather than paying a fortune to see the mainstream stadium bands (which i also do ) This band rocks and write their own stuff as well as doing covers at certain gigs.

DJ lez was the worst DJ in Rebels.

Wrong wrong wrong.

I remember Lez from Rebels, Hadleys in Rotherham, Roxy and CRB and he was one of the best.

Too many DJs are arrogant about what they play and will only spin either tunes they like or tunes they think are popular........my recent experience with the current rock dinosaur at the Casbah being one of those instances.

Lez on the other hand would play what you fetched with you at the drop of a hat cos he was open minded and didn`t have his head up his arse.

Archived