Rockers night out - where to go?

I have to say that for the majority of the week the Dove N Rainbow is the place to be. Seems to be much busier than the Nelson these days, was in there last night and there were quite a few people in there. Enjoyed a damn good pint of Hobgoblin as well.

I have to say that for the majority of the week the Dove N Rainbow is the place to be. Seems to be much busier than the Nelson these days, was in there last night and there were quite a few people in there. Enjoyed a damn good pint of Hobgoblin as well.

think you might be right about mid week, but on fri and sat id say the nelson has more in. the nelson seems to have more of an "rock" atmosphere about the place too, but music can be way to loud for my ears, is why we generally meet in the dove (or if the music/band is too loud there when we get in, the bankers) for a quick drink, sit down and a chat. not sure i could spend the whole night in just one of the places, both have there good points but i can only put up with the bad points for so long before wanting to move on.

OMG - I'd never have guessed you were a rocker JC! :shocked:

*pines for roxy mondays and saturday nights at rebels* :(

there's a few other faces I'm surprised to see in this thread too!

... and only an hour to do your hair?... If I was going out on saturday, I'd wash it Thursday to start the process. It just wouldn't go right without the build up of glue for a couple of days before!!

Archived