Booking fee scam

I suppose it's like a commission for the holiday company putting the holiday together.

Same thing happens with concert tickets - last lot I bought had an administration fee of £5.25 PER TICKET!!!!!!! :rant:

So if you opt out of paying what's the alternative.

They should give you the full asking price at the outset

You can sort out flights, hotels and transfers yourself and keep the booking fee for yourself - it's more complicated, but normally cheaper, but if anything goes wrong (flights cancelled, hotel problems etc) you're on your own.

I suppose it's like a commission for the holiday company putting the holiday together.

Same thing happens with concert tickets - last lot I bought had an administration fee of £5.25 PER TICKET!!!!!!! :rant:

This is why I hardly go the arena. How come, even if you book yourself, over the internet, you have a booking fee? How do they justify £5.25? I'm sure it's not based on the wages of the person who completes the booking!

This is why I hardly go the arena. How come, even if you book yourself, over the internet, you have a booking fee? How do they justify £5.25? I'm sure it's not based on the wages of the person who completes the booking!

If you actually go to the booking office, and pay cash, you 'avoid' the booking fee.

I used to go to the Arena box office in person and buy my tickets for all Sheffield Theatre events and 'avoid' the booking fee.

However, about a year ago they changed the rules. To 'avoid' the booking fee you now have to buy your City Hall tickets in person from the City Hall box office, your Arena tickets in person from the Arena box office etc etc.

It's just two-fingers placed firmly in the face of their customers imho.

At the Arena, they still charge you a booking fee if you pay by card in person.

Which is why I said cash.

And last time I went it had moved to 10% rather than the fixed £2.50 or whatever it was. How many Arena tickets are £25 or less? Not many. So this was an overnight almost doubling of the fee. :suspect:

It wasn't the Arena. I bought them over the internet, they were e-mailed to me and I had to print them out myself. I can understand a booking fee for the transaction - the company has to make money, after all - but that much per ticket was a bit of a wee-wee take, I think!

Archived