Audoires of Sheffield

wharnie

Hi,

I am trying to figure out the Audoire family tree in Sheffield. All originated from Alderney in the Channel Islands.

Sheffield seems to hold, or did hold, a higher concentration than anywhere except the Channel Islands. Trying to fit them into a picture and perhaps answer the question Why?

I would appreciate any help.

Thanks,

Mike (Audoire descendent)

seems these are the earliest ones in Sheffield, taken from 1901 census

Name: Thomas C Audoire a Blacksmith

Estimated birth year: abt 1873

Relation: Head

Spouse's name: Sarah J (born Ireland)

Where born: Channel Isles, Alderney, Channel Islands

Address 56 Beechwood Road

Civil parish: Sheffield

Ecclesiastical parish:Wadsley

also living with them

Harrie Andoire aged 20 a Gas Fitter (brother)

I have also found Thomas' army Attestation document and medal roll for the WW1 PM me an email address if you want a copy.

Hi

Thanks,

I only just recently added that family. There were others in the past in that area.

Thanks for your help

Mike

Peter Audoire..Was a coach driver in the 60,s 70,s..Moved to Rhodesia 70,s. Was still ther inthe late 80,s.. He worked for the Assize department in Weights and Measures inspectors..Lived in Khumalo area of Bulawayo..

Great guy and Ladies man. Pjkay

I used to go to Malin Bridge school and a kid in my class was called Philip Audoire. He lived only a few doors away from the main entrance and I used to pop round and his Mum would give me a slice of toast in a morning.

Archived