Remember your first pint?

Texas

My Dad bought my first pint when I was 13 and on holiday in Jersey. He came out of the pub at luchtime with 2 pints and an orange and I remember wondering why my Mum was drinking a pint of beer. To say I was surprised when he put the pint down in front of me is a total understatement.

First pint I bought was at Finningley Air Show when I was 14.

First pint in a pub was Wheatsheaf (think thats what its called) overlooking Parkhead Cricket Club one sunny Saturday afternoon at 14 again.

Yep.....went to see Tom Robinson Band and Stiff Little Fingers at the City Hall, 1978. Went for a pint in the 'Black Bull' I think it was called with a girl called Janice. The barman asked me what I wanted and I didnt have a clue what to ask for.....I think Janice ordered a pint for me!

I'd been drinking regularly in the Bridge Inn at Heeley Bottom and The Big Tree at Woodseats since I was 17 and a half.

My first legal pint was on my 18th birthday, in my local at the time, The Hogshead at Hackenthorpe and it was the first time I was asked my age.

It was 37.5p for a pint of bitter (1979)

I was 12 years old and had gone to my aunties wedding where I sampled a pint of double diamond what my uncle had bought me told my grandma it was tizer, oh I can still taste it now 40 years on you never forget your first pint but it set me on the road to ruin when I turned 16 i was a full blown alcoholic by the time I was 18 years old and when I think back to the time I tried ale I wish I had never had it given to me.

I was 14. It was in a pub just outside of Frodsham, near where I used to live.

The pub was packed with underage drinkers, and we were all getting hammered on Newcy Brown. God knows why.

Some older (16!!!) lads turned up though, and kicked us off the Pool table. We used to go in there a lot, until we got the courage up to try a nicer pub.

My first pint was a smashing pint of Guniness at the 'Dog and Partridge' on Trippet lane ... think I was 16 at the time!

I spent many wonderful hours at the 'D & P' ... great memories, especially of Saturday afternoons :)

My first pint was a smashing pint of Guniness at the 'Dog and Partridge' on Trippet lane ... think I was 16 at the time!

I spent many wonderful hours at the 'D & P' ... great memories, especially of Saturday afternoons :)

We used to go in the D+P on Saturday nights before heading up West Street.

A great pub with a great juke box full of Irish songs.

I must be the youngest among you to have my first pint. I can’t remember it all that well, but the glass was made of a soft substance and the straw was short, thick and very red. Very difficult to drink from it. I had to keep pushing all the time. I can remember one thing. It tasted a lot like milk!

I'd had a drink of beer before, but a mate and myself tried ordering a pint in the Bath Hotel up West Street. We got slung out. We were both sixteen, but I looked about twelve, so it was my fault we got a knock back, so my mate said. Not to be deterred though, we tried it on again in the Minerva, Charles Street. That was an experience in itself, never mind the beer. The only way to describe it would be as a wall of sound. My mate went in on his own, he didn't want to know me now. After about what seemed a lifetime, I mean I did look young enough to have parents inside, I got my act together and fought my way to the bar. Well, that was it, I got two pints of beer, never looked back from that day to this.
Hi Texas I had my first pint with dad during1940-1 inthe NORMANTON in grimesthorpe rd, but it was shandy! we was out walking the dog when the sirens started and being almost outside the pub he said come on in here I nearly dropped I was 16 and thought i was going to have a beer. Arthur

Archived