English Defence League Demo in Sheffield (30th May 2010)

A protest that involves dead bodies & coffins is not appropriate. By all means demonstrate against the war if you don't agree with it but not there. There is a time & a place!!! It would be like EDL protesting outside a mosque!!

Which they do.

A protest that involves dead bodies & coffins is not appropriate. By all means demonstrate against the war if you don't agree with it but not there. There is a time & a place!!! It would be like EDL protesting outside a mosque!!

You are right, there is a time and a place to march, and marches who main intention is to inflame or provoke a violent reaction certainly needs assessing. With this in view, why does the EDL seem to march through cities with a high ethnic minorities? Where are the EDL going to march in Sheffield?

Many of the muslims in "majority muslim areas" are in groups or gangs equivalent or if not, more rascist and prejudice than the UDF. There is no smoke without fire... The attitude of many muslims in "majority muslim areas" towards non muslims is one of non muslims being inferior, of not being a "brother". This is the main cause of the rise in popularity of nationalist, rascist and fascist organisations, imo. It is hard to break the cycle but neither side is without their supremacists.

theres idiots and racists in all types of people, theyre not the only people, most young people form gangs to hang around with

BUT

supporting one lot of idiots because there happens to be another set of idiots is NOT the answer

There's no doubt that some Muslim youth are involved in gangs, but I think you overestimate the problem. There are also as you say, some who seem to have a dodgy attitude regarding non Muslims.

I disagree though that these factors are the main cause behind the current 'popularity' of far-right politics. Much of this is still driven by the chain of events set in motion by September 11th. Muslims are the new blacks.

Ive being the victim of muslim prejudice against me, a white English person. The only groups I have largely, never expressed prejudice against me are Chinease and Indian people. The world wide anti Islamic sentiment is not founded on them being absolutely not to blame about anything or only on "dodgy" media reports, whose only motive is to sell papers or gain viewers and so print anything. Imo and in my experiance its based directly on the personal behaviour of many muslim immigrants once entering the western european capitalist states, and this behaivour is seen by the native european people.

theres idiots and racists in all types of people, theyre not the only people, most young people form gangs to hang around with

BUT

supporting one lot of idiots because there happens to be another set of idiots is NOT the answer

What is the answer? A savage (on any side) only understands the language of savegry, imo. An animal only understand the rules of the animal kingdom. Look where forgiveness and being nice has got us so far, being seen as a soft and easy touch by the uncivilised 3rd world...

What is the answer? A savage (on any side) only understands the language of savegry, imo. An animal only understand the rules of the animal kingdom. Look where forgiveness and being nice has got us so far, being seen as a soft and easy touch by the uncivilised 3rd world...

We're great mates (and business partners) with the Germans these days.

What a thoroughly nihilistic and aggressive attitude.

Archived