English Defence League Demo in Sheffield (30th May 2010)

A 'strict' definition is just the same as a definition. You certainly can't claim membership of a group of people because you share the same views as them

...and nobody is doing. The point is that the word "Nazi" no longer exclusively means one who was a member of said party; it's also used, in widespread examples, to refer to anyone with similar political/racial views.

A bunch of geeks and social incompetents who did rubbish at school and still live with their parents. They have my pity, but I can't summon any other emotion over them.

Sorry is that the EDL or the equally distasteful 'anti-fascist league' fascists?

My husband is a policeman and was injured during their recent march in Stoke. This bunch of thugs and that is all they are, are marching in our lovely city about what, hatred, thats what. To police this march will cost thousands, the damage to property that they will undoubtedly cause will cost thousands, but more importantly innocent people will be frightened and people will get hurt. Not to mention the money local businesses will lose as they have no choice but to shut up shop for the duration. Its a disgusting state of affairs. I'm all for speaking out and peaceful demonstrating but these idiots will cause mayhem, believe me.

Archived