Be Strong, Be Wrong

He said that it was politically motivated and thus stifled freedom of speech.

Considering the vast spectrum of political opinions expressed on this board without penalty, that's a fairly ridiculous claim. We have rabid communists, BNP-supporting xenophobes, Thatcherites and everything in between.

Is there any particular reason that they should, given that this is a privately owned forum? Is it not rather more sensible that the private owner can set whatever rules he wishes?

Should a private forum be private to non members? i.e not open to the public to view until accepted by the owner to be a member?

In other words, you won't answer my question?

I will say for certain that you are not doing a thesis on modern day communications, because the idea that being politically motivated is stifling to free speech is a nonsense when you have someone from every side of the debate on this very forum. If you would care to disagree, please put why instead of your mundane non-answers you have given so far.

Well, you would say that sunbeam, wouldn't you!

NO, much more than that. You have an idea in your head about who I am. I am not anyone that you know. I am engaged in a post graduate thesis regarding modern day communications and their effect upon freedom of speech. Someone I taught was at uni with some years ago said that I should try this forum. He said that it was politically motivated and thus stifled freedom of speech. That is all.

So you are claiming that if people disagree with you that it stifles your freedom of speech?

Or you're claiming that there are ideas that you aren't allowed to express here (but refusing to give examples)?

Or you're just waffling?

I'm not sure, please clarify for me.

So you are claiming that if people disagree with you that it stifles your freedom of speech?

Or you're claiming that there are ideas that you aren't allowed to express here (but refusing to give examples)?

Or you're just waffling?

I'm not sure, please clarify for me.

I already stated my position! I am engaged in a post graduate thesis about modern day communication and its effects upon society.

I once taught a guy at uni, he used to come here. He advised that I should visit as in his opinion it stifles freedom of speech. His position is that the forum is owned by certain individuals whose only motivation is making money.

Incantation has done well. He/she has posted a comment that contains nothing aimed at anyone other than as an observation of his/her own beliefs concerning the political purpose of the forum and you all pounce. Well done all of you.

I think the person is sitting back thinking quite happily, "The case is proved".

Archived