Mephedrone - what do you think?

They had been drinking and had taken mephedrone and methadone. Someone must have given it to them and not taken responsibility for making sure they knew how much to take and that they were in a fit state to take it.

Do you have a corroborating source for that? No mention of methadone in the reports - and it strikes me as an unlikely combination.

This kills two people and people can't shut up about it, asking whether or not it should be banned?

100 people have died today because of alcohol, 100 people will die tomorrow, and the day after.

But of course Mephedrone will be banned because of the idiots in government and the idiot public who can't seem to put things into perspective.

Makes people worse than ecstasy in my experience (observations), the reports of deaths are scary too. It seems to be addictive as well, which I don't think ecstasy (usually) is. Hopefully it'll be banned soon, it does put ecstasy and cannabis classifications to shame though!

According to BBC there has been only one confirmed death in 2008.

These two were drinking, taking methadone and mephedrone. Does anyone seriously think this was their first time experience and that they have not taken other substances.

They are not victims, they voluntarily decided to subject their bodies to the dangers of drink and drugs. Rather like if I decided to run back and forth across the M1 at some point I'm going to get splattered.

Archived