Did Anyone Attend Malin Bridge Infants/Junior School, Any Stories/Memories

Mrs tyzinski.....ooooh she brings back some awful memories.

Then there's getting caned off Mr Clarke,Mrs Pickles(who by the way lived up to her name).Mr Porter's football practice saturday mornings on the spider park.Roger Baldwin's antics when the ball was kicked into his garden behind the top garage in the juniors yard.Ashleigh rounders tournament.Mrs Virgo and her daft dresses.mz80k computers in the library.Fond memories of yesteryear lol

Hi frigate - when I was there (1953-59) Frank Courage was headmaster of the Junior School; he was known as Pop. He can be seen on this 1955 photo, in the middle of the front row flanked by Lewis Hawley and Stella Preece. Next to Mrs Preece is Mr Brooham, then Mrs Potter. Also on the front row is the grey-haired Mrs Dean and Miss Winkworth. Mr Binney is at the right-hand end of the back row. At the other end is Mr Martin.

• 1 month later...

I went to Malin Bridge Infants and Junior School. I particularly remember the music lessons and assemblies in the hall. Will never forget Mrs Tyrzinski (however its spelt) Thursday mornings were a gaping hole of dread, mental arithmetic test. We all had to stand up and she would fire a question at you, if you got it wrong you had to keep standing until you finally got a question right, inevitably I was always one of the last, completely embarrassed and too scared to think straight.

Mostly however I have good memories of Malin Bridge, playing rounders in the yard in PE, or British Bulldog at lunchtime. I remember that we used to show our money to the dinner-lady on duty at the gate, we could then go down to Crappers to get a 10p mix-up at lunchtime.

The sun always shined and the lunchbreak seemed to last for at least 3 hours. Probably getting a bit rose-tinted now!.

• 3 weeks later...
I went to Malin Bridge Infants and Junior School. I particularly remember the music lessons and assemblies in the hall. Will never forget Mrs Tyrzinski (however its spelt) Thursday mornings were a gaping hole of dread, mental arithmetic test. We all had to stand up and she would fire a question at you, if you got it wrong you had to keep standing until you finally got a question right, inevitably I was always one of the last, completely embarrassed and too scared to think straight.

Mostly however I have good memories of Malin Bridge, playing rounders in the yard in PE, or British Bulldog at lunchtime. I remember that we used to show our money to the dinner-lady on duty at the gate, we could then go down to Crappers to get a 10p mix-up at lunchtime.

The sun always shined and the lunchbreak seemed to last for at least 3 hours. Probably getting a bit rose-tinted now!.

Funnily enough, after retiring, loads of old pupils ended up asking her to tutor their kids after school, because they were not learning basic stuff properly, like reading, writing, grammer and maths, due to modern teaching methods.

Archived