Did you see the breakdancers in Vodka Rev last night

Macca

I was in Vodka Rev last night with a couple of friends, and was surprised to see there were four or five lads breakdancing near the DJ booth.

They wer pretty damn good actually.

Is this a regular thing, or was it impromptu?

N

Going to sound really old now but is this the same type of breakdancing that was really popular in the mid to late 80's?

Boys wore Nike lightweight zip up jackets usually blue and grey, had a ghetto blaster and did things on flattened cardboard boxes. Then had a hernia.

Has it progressed since then?

They'll never match the heady Saturday afternoons at the Fiesta and the Limit.

Lino under arm, ghetto blaster in other hand, and breakdance we shall go!

It really is great to watch good breakdancing though. So it in an underground station in New York last year - class

senwar - you must know the old skool crews then?

Yeah things have changed with breakdancing these days. You see allot of people just do the dance part now and thats all. A breakdancer can only dance. A b-boy/B-girl is a life style and breakdancing is a part of that life style.

If you wanna see a good breakdancer look at what they are doing to the music. Do they move to the music or just jumping around!

Yeah there are some breakdancers in Vodka rev just local talent I think nothing on the internation stage I don't think so.

Our crew Pearl Rockers damce in Forum on thursday nights. W

Our crew Pearl Rockers damce in Forum on thursday nights. We use to run a night there on Monday nights few months ago. Also recently won the Uk popping crew champs. which was good to do to get sheffield back on the map, like it use to be in the 80's on the popping scene.

Still do see allot of the old skool crew around. who can ever forget smack 19 and alstar rockers.

peace

Archived