Who do you want IN next general election!!

General Election, who do you want??  

115 members have voted

1. 1. General Election, who do you want??

It stands in that much stead this poll, that CHEEKYBANDIT has voted 3 times for 3 different parties. In the General Election doesn't one person get one vote? Don't get too excited yet Labour voters, if this poll was an election it would be null & void for vote rigging!!!!

Surely all of us need to look at the policies and decide, for example here's two links which quite clearly show that the Tory policy makers will stop the rebuilding of some schools in Sheffield whilst at the same time lining their own pockets with half a million quid each.

Quite why anyone would want to support these policies is beyond me unless they are one of those that will benefit by this.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/top-stories/2009/11/25/old-pals-tax-115875-21848294/

http://www.thestar.co.uk/news/Fears-for-future-of-schools.6167087.jp

So if you would rather see your childrens schools rebuilt, than rich Tories becoming even richer then clearly you should vote Labour or Libdems, if you are voting for one of the major parties.

Maybe you should look at the finer details of these wonderful new schools that are being built. If you worked in education you'd know much more about it.

The buildings look all modern and wonderful but are a nightmare to use. Heating and cooling costs are through the roof, the acoustics are terrible.

The design is based around a university atmospheric, where all the learners are mature adults. But we know for a fact this isn't the case in schools.

The in-house IT staff employed by the council have been sacked or TUPEd out and forced to work for a private company. IT Professionals have been reduced to being mouse-changers, that's assuming there is still on-site support.

Existing IT infrastructure - good infrastructure - is ripped out and new systems are put in place. Good computers and servers are scrapped.

Instead of teachers ringing an internal number for instant support, they're instead directed to log a fault online or ring a call centre and try and be guided through a fix for their problem. Teachers don't have the time for this. They don't want to wait half a day for someone to come out and fix their projector when it's a quick 20 second job to do.

And lets not talk about the millions that private consultants have already made on this scheme.

BSF seriously affects teaching and learning, but if you listen to Labour you won't know this. All they're saying is that the Tories are not going to build new schools, when this claim barely scratches the surface.

I could come up with a dozen links about the bad side of BSF, here's just one:

http://www.building.co.uk/story.asp?storycode=3115771

It includes an extra £600,000 having to be spent to add glass partitions, the sports hall built to the wrong size, poor build quality, inadequate IT infrastructure resulting in the school having to pay out an extra £1.3 MILLION, repair costs of HALF A MILLION - to a new building for God's sake.

No they are not. How many peoples identities do you know on here? An anonymous poll would have exactly the same result.

If somebody is too embarrassed to admit they want to vote Tory, then maybe they should rethink who they should vote for!

You obviously know very little. Try joining one of the many forum interest groups, walking groups or informal meeting groups. I have met or know the ID of at least 60 forum members.

There again I note that you live on the cross. Try putting a vote Tory placard up and see how long your windows last.

So if you called at a business and they had a poster saying "Vote BNP" would you patronise them?

/QUOTE]

I might patronise them, but I certainly wouldn't use their service, because displaying a BNP poster would be tantamount to admitting they were racist and homophobic, not to mention probably a bit thick. Not quite the same thing as voting labour or tory is it?

It was destroyed by the previous Labour government and the militant unions.

Correct, and most people who draw the same conclusion do so on the back of thinking for themselves as opposed to those who think Thatcher destroyed our country , and their parents said they should vote labour 'cos thats what we do round here'. The Tories are their enemy irrespective of policy at any given time. Makes you wonder what they think of Germans?!?

Well I presume that would be you then.

So if you called at a business and they had a poster saying "Vote BNP" would you patronise them?

Regarding the poll. I don't think that any poll where your details are splashed up on a screen for everyone to see is exactly representative and besides when I was at school 38% was hardly a majority. And in the "proper polls Labour appears to be polling around 30%

'Proper' polls as you call them are national polls. This one will have a strong Sheffield bias, and Sheffield votes Labour in general elections.

As for L.U.C.A.S losing business because of this thread, anyone who decides not to hire a tradesman because they support the Labour party is quite simply a bit odd.

Correct, and most people who draw the same conclusion do so on the back of thinking for themselves as opposed to those who think Thatcher destroyed our country , and their parents said they should vote labour 'cos thats what we do round here'. The Tories are their enemy irrespective of policy at any given time. Makes you wonder what they think of Germans?!?

We all hate Germans!!! :hihi::hihi::hihi: (Even though the are probably the nearest type of people to us in Europe.....have a think about. If you had to have a fight with yourself who would win??? I'll tell you... no one & thats what happened. Don't let anyone tell you we won WW2 as there were no winners only losers)

I've gone off topic.....where were we...yes thinking for yourself!!

Archived