Glucosamine, does it work?

Taken orally, glucosamaine works with some people and doesn't with others. If taken with equal strength MSM it is more likely to have an effect, and with Chondrotin too - even better. I'd try a complete joint supplement with these 3 in if you have joint pain. Try and find one with a high level of Gluc and MSM and it needs to be equal amounts. It is more bio-available to some people than others but with the right combination/ source it can help anyone with joint problems.

The vet recommended glucosamine with chondroitin for my dog when she seemed to have some muscle stiffness. It appeared to work very quickly and she was moving normally again within a few days. It could be that this was just how long the stiffness took to pass anyway, or it could have been the glucosamine. Unlike with humans though, it obviously can't have been a placebo effect. I'd definitely try it again, on me or the hound

Glucosamine has been proven to have a beneficial effect on joints, but only in the larger strength capsules 1000mgs. I've taken one every day for the past few years and no longer have any muscle or joint stiffness- and I do yoga now!

It is completely harmless, being made from fish extract, and is environmentally sound as it is made from bits of fish that would be thrown away.

Glucosamine rocks!!

I bought some at the weekend with MSM and Chondotin in - it says on the bottle to take 3 a day with meals but the woman in the herbal shop recommended taking them at night because the body can absorb it better at night time or something!

Archived