EDL march - Bolton 20th March 2010

Guest sibon
The EDL are holding a peacefull demo in bolton the demo is against radical isam in the uk your thoughts people ?

What is your motivation for discussing this on SF?

We already have a thread about the march in Sheffield, yet you seem keen to stir things up by publicising a march that has no relevance to this city.

Your motivation cannot possibly be the stimulation of debate about EDL marches, because there is already one going on. So, tell us, why did you start this thread?

what about islam 4 uk they openly chant death to all non muslims ? these are the people the edl oppose

Job done then.

Islam4uk are baned from operating in the Uk. I look forward to seeing the headlines about the EDL calling it a day.

the edl are a multicultural peoples movement
The last time I looked there were a few guys who looked like the black & white minstrels ;)

who oppose radical islam

ie sharia law

Why do the EDL worry about it, it doesnt interfere in their lives, such 'courts' have been arbitrating in disputes between Muslims since the early 80's

compulsory wearing of the burka for women

What's their view about women who wear the burka by choice?

all homosexuals to be killed

Is that an EDL or radical Muslim view? Judging by the typical membership of the EDL it could apply to both!

the list goes on do your research

Ive no problem with challenging extremists, wherever they come from, but could you highlight elements of Islam that materially affect our lives?

Yes it has changed, largely for the better.

Sorry old chap can't agree with you there! In 1997 Public Sector Net Debt stood at £352 billion. From there it took only 12 years to double, and the Government forecasts it will double again by 2014.

Are you sure on that????

This study was in 2006, before mass government borrowing due to sticking head in sand.... instead of dealing with / limiting toxic debts that were across pond & heading our way.....

See:-http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Satisfaction_with_Life_Index

Where do you think we are now as a ranking?

Getting back to point it's probably causing the rise in demonstrations....& could get worse with inevitable tax rises!!!

Scapegoat society at work I'm afraid!

my motivation is to get other peoples opinions on this subject i obviously have my opinions and because they dont fit with your ideas you all get shirty lmao. snafu.

and if you think the edl are all football hooligans then u are very mistaken you are blinded by the media spin this corrupt government put out take it from me in time you will all be eating your words

Guest sibon
my motivation is to get other peoples opinions on this subject

Then you could have just read this thread rather than starting another tedious thread about a bunch of Right Wing hooligans walking through a Northern Industrial Town.

Of course it is possible that you were trying to stir things up, but you won't admit it.

and if you think the edl are all football hooligans then u are very mistaken you are blinded by the media spin this corrupt government put out take it from me in time you will all be eating your words

They probably aren't all football hooligans. A fair number of them won't need football as an excuse for hooliganism.

my motivation is to get other peoples opinions on this subject i obviously have my opinions and because they dont fit with your ideas you all get shirty lmao. snafu.

It is this "corrupt Government" that has the power to ban the rally but despite the pleas of the local council has not done so.

The only spin evident is coming from your post.

Perhaps if EDL want better coverage, they would do well to restrain their organisers from dishing out death threats to journalists?

http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/2009/nov/04/fatwa-english-defence-league

Archived