EDL march - Bolton 20th March 2010

The reports I have seen say UAF outnumber EDL 3 to 1. The pictures show the same.

The only way the BBC report can be accurate is if they are counting all the EDL not at the protest but drinking and causing trouble in town.

I'm not sticking up for either side (otherwise i'd be there!!) but just quoting statistics:- who is causing the trouble looking at the arrest rates????

More than 30 UAF protesters and two from EDL have been arrested, police said.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/police-battle-to-control-rightwing-groups-1924548.html

I'm not sticking up for either side (otherwise i'd be there!!) but just quoting statistics:- who is causing the trouble looking at the arrest rates????

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/police-battle-to-control-rightwing-groups-1924548.html

its not about who causes the most trouble.

to me its about why they are there

EDL DO NOT need to be there, they are protesting about nothing.

whereas the only reason the UAF and other antis are there is purely because the EDL are protesting

no EDL, no UAF simple

whereas the only reason the UAF and other antis are there is purely because the EDL are protesting

no EDL, no UAF simple

I'm sorry but it is about who causes most trouble!!! The Human Rights Act 1998 speaks of the right to peaceful protest. The statistics show who is being the more peaceful of the two. They've got the reaction they wanted the EDL, & UAF are going to come out of it looking like the agressors!

A lot to be said of

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Non-resistance

It worked for Gandhi.... but the opposite took how long to bring peace to Northern Ireland?

Think about it!!!

no EDL, no UAF simple

Now that really is looking at it upside down.

Your link also contradicts your assertion that the UAF outnumbered the EDL by three to one, something you claim from looking at pictures :roll:

You post a link to strengthen your position but it actually counters your other claims .. ironic huh?

I was watching the feed, and it looked to me like EDL were around a third the number of UAF protestors from what I saw. <shrugs>

The Independent is also reporting UAF outnumbered EDL in the square.

Yes but you can't just do a simple count of numbers when UAF people have been arrested for "conspiracy" :rolleyes:

They reintroduced that law from the nineteenth century specifically to lock up the Shrewsbury pickets in the 70s. I didn't think they still used it. Either way those arrests aren't about public disorder they are political.

Yes but you can't just do a simple count of numbers when UAF people have been arrested for "conspiracy" :rolleyes:

They reintroduced that law from the nineteenth century specifically to lock up the Shrewsbury pickets in the 70s. I didn't think they still used it. Either way those arrests aren't about public disorder they are political.

Where's your link i'd like to read that one .....no really!

I was watching the feed, and it looked to me like EDL were around a third the number of UAF protestors from what I saw. <shrugs>

The Independent is also reporting UAF outnumbered EDL in the square.

What the independent are actually reporting is:

There are around 2,000 UAF protesters in the square but the number of EDL demonstrators is much lower, with hundreds more expected to arrive within the next few hours, police said.

It would appear the journalist from the independent made the report well in advance of all of the EDL members arriving.

This is typical of you - as soon as you've been proved wrong on the numbers and percentages - you throw in a ridiculous curved ball that bears no relation to the public disorder that the UAF thugs have created. If they have arrested people for conspiracy aswell then it makes them all the worse, not better.

Both sets of people seem beyond the pale to me, but the fact the police have arrested so many more uaf thugs says it all.

Archived