Danville street brightside

hillc4

you must have lived right at the top of d.s a mate of mine lived at 107 which was opposit you his name was john shaw did you know him

Yes i did know him he used to follow my dad ken scaife about all over and used to babysit me, i have seen John recently and hes married and doing ok. he once fell asleep while babysitting and i got hold of the gloss paint and painted the telly and everything in sight including myself, what a shock he got when he woke up.

hillc4

thanks for info glad johns ok

i lived at very top block d.s but moved to ecclesfield john used to come over to our end of town and we used to go swimming in a reservoir near high green

then back to ours for egg &chips

great days

hillc4

thanks for info glad johns ok

i lived at very top block d.s but moved to ecclesfield john used to come over to our end of town and we used to go swimming in a reservoir near high green

then back to ours for egg &chips

great days

its relly weird because i live just above ecclesfield village on wordsworth avenue, i will pass on your regards when i next see john.

• 3 years later...
Danville St is listed in the old Sheffield Telegraph Street guide, 1962/63 &1967/68 editions as, Danville St, 61, Grimesthorpe Road,Sheff 4. Danville Terrace,96, Danville Street, Sheff 4. and Danville Mount, Danville Street, Sheff 4. Hope this helps.!.

I was born on danville street

---------- Post added 27-02-2015 at 12:32 ----------

I lived at 108 Danville street from 1959 to 1970, and it was ptsmoor it was a great street with little terraces jutting off it, our back yard was sun street right at the top near the garages.

hi I lived at no 72 was born there.

The Danville Street area, circa 1965 consisted of; going up the hill left side, from Grimesthorpe Road- Star Inn, Cantley Place. Letwell Place (Gumby's) & Rayton Place. Danville Mount ran parallel to Danville Street and faced the 'rec'.

On right going up; Balby Place, Danville Terrace and Sun Street (boy's lower entrance to Burngreave School, which I attended)

Edited by stpetre
addition