Is there any jazz in Shef?!

Niagara

Can anyone recommend a good jazz venue in Sheffield? I've inquired in some places that claimed to be ones but they're non-existent now, except Sizzlers. I must have been searching in the wrong places then:). Please, help a visitor to your wonderful city!:) Is there a place at all here with jazz live music on Friday or w/e? I could return the favour by recommending lots of other venues elsewhere - as a frequent traveller:)

• 2 weeks later...
Originally posted by Niagara

Can anyone recommend a good jazz venue in Sheffield? I've inquired in some places that claimed to be ones but they're non-existent now, except Sizzlers. I must have been searching in the wrong places then:). Please, help a visitor to your wonderful city!:) Is there a place at all here with jazz live music on Friday or w/e? I could return the favour by recommending lots of other venues elsewhere - as a frequent traveller:)

try The Walnut Club, it's every Friday and Sat there!

we have just started a new dancefloor jazz night at the forum on the last wednesday of every month...

next installment is wednesday 31st august with the stuart mccallum trio.

strictly dancefloor numbers all the way.

• 2 weeks later...

Absolutely the best Jazz night in sheffield is wednesday from 9pm at the Lescar on sharrowvale road. It's real jazz, both mainstream and off the beaten track, don't go there to chat with your mates though, this is all about the music and talking over the performance will not be appreciated. great booze, great music and great candlelit atmosphere.

Archived