Suggested by Mossdog

zeke

Tales from the sixties' bands in Sheffield:

Who's Who? once had some publicity photographs done on the top of Cockaynes' roof.

Not much in that but try it now with 'health and safety' laws!

Page 55 of 'Not Like a Proper Job' by John Firminger and Martin Lilleker, shows yours truly sat in the window of Bradley's Music advertising name change from The Nocturnes to Who's Who?

Come on, your turn now!

• 2 weeks later...
Tales from the sixties' bands in Sheffield:

Who's Who? once had some publicity photographs done on the top of Cockaynes' roof.

Not much in that but try it now with 'health and safety' laws!

Page 55 of 'Not Like a Proper Job' by John Firminger and Martin Lilleker, shows yours truly sat in the window of Bradley's Music advertising name change from The Nocturnes to Who's Who?

Come on, your turn now!

Did you ever play at the Lomas Hall in Stannington? Loads of bands did(too long to list) first time I ever saw Joe Cocker,have to say very average in those days.

I don't remember the Lomas Hall, but that's not to say I didn't play there; memory is a fickle thing.

Some of the places I did play were:

Frecheville Community Centre with Dave Berry; we had a better reception than he did,

The City Hall Ballroom and Oval Hall,

The Classic Cinema,

The Black Cat Club backing The Hollies,

Birley Hotel,

Heeley Club...

The list goes on.

Archived