Limb lane kids home

i worked there for a few months in the mid ninties. i was a cleaner.

the cook was a man called bob i think, he went on to work with severly handicapped people.

when i was there the home was close to being shut down so not much got done.

i got on very well with the staff, and regularly went strawberry picking with claire and got to go to the courts for a day to see how things worked.

i remember the admin worker who worked in the back room, just cant remember her name.

i also got time to make buns which the boys in the home loved, (for some reason they actually ate them, whereas the cooks food always got smeared on the walls, which i had to clean up the following morning).

I enjoyed working there but ended up leaving because i thought it was a bit too risky.

(i was there when one of the lads kicked off a broke both arms of one of the staff, i had to face off with him, and because i was only a cleaner he backed down).

was completely demolished not long after i left.

• 2 weeks later...

hi polo, have you seen the home now? it is like a mini prison with bars and cctv everywhere and its now called aldine house.

I had a good time when i was there and spent quite alot of my young teenage years there for one reason or other.

The staff there were actually very good and i had alot of respect for the majority of them. I would like to meet them now i am older and wiser and have a chat with them.

Claire and stuart were younger than most staff so we could joke with them.

the moss was next door to limb lane, at one point we had classes in there on schooldays, i beleive it was a mixed home not just a girls home Erin. Its was quite spooky looking aswell as its a big house and it had lights shining upwards from the ground giving it a haunted house kinda feel.

• 11 months later...

I remember the land at the back of the MOSS it used to be a council land fill site at which for a period of time i was the digger driver which leveled the loads when they came on site for long periods of time there was nothing to do but wait for the next load to arrive i can remember on MANY occasions some of the young girls would attract my attention by standing naked in the windows being a young lad in my early 20s i can assure you i was not embarrassed in any way or form i believe when the site was filled in it was turned into a picnic area i often wondered if the picnickers had the same show HAPPY DAYS.

Archived