Alexander Wilson relative search

wilsond

I am an American looking for information on the Family of Alexander Wilson, a draftsman who came to the Sheffield area from Glasgow about 1906. He married Edith Pilgrim, and they had two children, Alexander jr and Jean.

Alexander jr ran a pub in the sheffield area for many years and had a daughter named wendy.

Alexander Hutchinson Wilson married Edith Ada Pilgrim June quarter 1904 in sheffield - if you send for the marriage certificate it will give you more information - references needed are June quarter 1904 Sheffield Volume 9C page 1101

Will keep looking.

Hi - just in case you don't already have this information, the 1911 census return shows an Alexander Hutchison Wilson, then aged 36 and a "General Engineering Draughtsman" born at Springburn in Scotland. He lived in Sheffield at 10 Rockmount Road, Wincobank, with his Sheffield-born wife Edith, 33, and two children Robert, 5 and Jeanie, 3. The marriages index shows that Alexander Hutchison Wilson married Edith Ada Pilgrim in Sheffield in Sheffield in 1904. The fact that Edith was from Sheffield and that the marriage took place there suggests that Alexander was already in Sheffield by 1904, though he doesn't seem to be mentioned in the 1901 census for Sheffield.

The I.G.I. shows that Alexander Hutchison Wilson was born at Springburn, Lanark on 9 November 1874, the son of Robert and Marion Wilson, who had evidently married at Springburn the previous year. The 1881 census shows the family at 4 Wellfield Street, Springburn, Robert being an "iron turner", aged 28, living with Marion, 28, and three children Alexander, 6, Agnes, 2 and Robert, 8 months.

The deaths index shows an Alexander H. Wilson who died aged 87 in Sheffield in 1962, and an Edith A. Wilson who died in the same year aged 85. These seem likely to be the right people.

• 2 years later...

Hi My Great Grandad was Alexander Hutchison Wilson, his son Robert married Dorothy and had a son Alexander and daughter Wendy, Alexander is my dad who is almost 82 and only yesterday I was asking him to write down all he can remember of his grandparents so if you contact me your story may well inspire him to record his history for his grandchildren!

Archived