Blair's £1m Iraqi oil deal

The truth will out as they say. It turns out that Tony Blair has gone to great lengths to hide his involvement in an Iraq oil deal that earned him £1m for advising a Korean oil company and the Kuwait royal family.

Shameful, but somehow not much of a surprise.

Link

Blair's secret oil links to Mideast revealed

A watchdog in Britain has revealed that former UK Premier Tony Blair has secretly received cash from a South Korean energy company and from Kuwaiti royals.

The Advisory Committee on Business Appointments says Tony Blair has been receiving cash from the Kuwaiti government and the South Korean UI Energy Corporation which has oil interests in the US and Iraq.

The Advisory Committee had allowed Blair to keep details of both deals from the public for 20 months, since June 2008, as the former prime minister claimed the deals were commercially sensitive.

Blair has reportedly made some 20 million pounds since leaving Downing Street in June 2007 and approximately 1 million pounds sterling from the deal with the Kuwaiti government.

The deals emerged Friday when the chairman of the advisory committee, the former Tory cabinet minister Ian Lang, finally lost patience with Blair and decided to ignore his objections and publish the details of the hidden deals.

The committee website has now published a statement identifying Blair's job as "advice to a consortium of investors led by the UI Energy Corporation (publication delayed due to market sensitivities)."

In a further revelation, a classified memo from Blair to former US President Bush showed the full extent of his support for the toppling of Saddam Hussein.

The personal note shows that Blair wrote eight months before the Iraqi invasion: "You know, George, whatever you decide to do, I'm with you."

When you hear Gordon Brown saying he's not in it for the status, or the money.... after reading that do you really believe it? I think they are all in it for what they can get, & honestly think that's why there is so much voter apathy!!!

after this and the expenses fiasco, it shows that our politicians are as bent as a nine bob note

You can't only think that now? It's been going on years, government cover ups and money scandals have been happening since parliament began, seems to be worse now, but I can't see anything changing it, can you?

For some reason I can't make myself care how Blair chooses to make money after his career as an MP has ended.

It's interesting how a Conservative took it into his own hands and decided to leak it just before an election though. I wonder why he did that?

• 1 month later...
Tony Blair should resign and go mad like all the other UK PM's hve done! he's milking it and left everything in a mess!

Tony Blair:loopy: is the one who commit all the mess and dirty, and left all the dirt smell for Gordon Brown to rub and smell..he destruct his own party and country for his own advantage ( wanted to earn as Dubya)) the petrodollars..( the puppet of dubya

Archived