Handsworth people

mijco

hi all you handsworth people can you help out,the big stone built house at the side of the working mens club on the main rd what was it and is still been used for anything or just going to wrack and ruin like some other buildings thanks jim

hi all you handsworth people can you help out,the big stone built house at the side of the working mens club on the main rd what was it and is still been used for anything or just going to wrack and ruin like some other buildings thanks jim

Is this the place? I remember some years ago it was a wines and spirits wholesalers. They kept a a few large vans at the back. I believe these would deliver to pubs and clubs. They also did all the other bits like crisps nuts scratchings etc.

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=handsworth+road+sheffield&sll=55.378051,-3.435973&sspn=7.596106,19.665527&ie=UTF8&hq=&hnear=Handsworth+Rd,+Handsworth,+Sheffield,+South+Yorkshire+S13,+United+Kingdom&ll=53.372142,-1.382339&spn=0,359.9994&t=h&z=21&layer=c&cbll=53.372142,-1.382339&panoid=JxxCbbwDaC79UtyNe1yXDQ&cbp=12,345.04,,0,-7.41

Edited by only_me

NO !...Medlock Drive separates the club - and the mentioned house

Challenger tyres is next to the club.

I think that is what Rudeboy meant ? Question is how long has the Medlock been there ? Somewhere in the deepest recesses of my memory I seem to remember it not being there............was Medlock Drive inserted as and when the medlock estate was built.

Hi Jim The house in question was a warehouse for soft drinks and crisps but it is still empty and getting more run down year by year. Cant remember the name of the company but it was a Mc something. Hope this help.